The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
i cant explain in words how i feel about this.

Iv been with my gf for over a year now and love her to bits girlfriend, but i feel i have a problem protecting her.

She is a very attractive girl, We are both 17, i am not big and built although im in the process of getting bigger.

but i feel like i cant protect her, For example. the other night i was with her and when were together for a night out, there was a group of drunks shouting out stuff to her like "oi oi sexy", "you should be with a man like me" "id F*** you any day" etc etc (clearly seeing she was with me) and i did not have a clue what to do, i was angry and scared, and knew if i said any thing i would of got the crap beaten out of me and now i just feel depressed about it. Because i feel like i cant protect her.

Its not just this but also like i would be holding her hand walking down high street or some thing and these guys would just clearly check her out completely not giving a **** about me, i just want to say something but these guys are normally always bigger than me. So i normally just put an angry face on and leave it. but when iv got friends with me at the same time its also embarrasing for me because i get the impression from them like they think i cant protect her and say stuff back :frown::frown:

i just dont know what to do :frown: :frown:

AND? dont do anything. Shes with you isnt she?

If they really are being mouthy tell them that if they had a bit of manners they might be with a fit girl and wouldnt have to lear at yours if they really bug you.
Reply 21
hippieglitter
Maybe she doesn't need protecting, if she wanted a big guy like that she'd be with a big guy like that instead of with you. I seriously doubt she's with you because she wants you to protect her, most girls these days can protect themselves. If it was protection she wanted she would've gone for the obvious choice of a big guy, but she didn't she went for you, didn't she?

rofl. What planet are you from?

OP. what the hell....I'm a pretty big and scary guy, but if 5 drunken chavs started shouting comments about my girlfriend I'd just ignore it.... fighting/talking back is the worst possible option.
Reply 22
Shout back, the chances of them actually doing anything is small.
Weights and boxing are the best if you actually want to get tougher.
samba
rofl. What planet are you from?

OP. what the hell....I'm a pretty big and scary guy, but if 5 drunken chavs started shouting comments about my girlfriend I'd just ignore it.... fighting/talking back is the worst possible option.

I'm fine ignoring comments about me, but when I'm with a girl and they make comments about her, I'm not sure I'd be able to ignore it.

Then again, it has yet to happen.
Carry a .44 Magnun or a Desert Eagle with you...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ..even sight of that would be enuff to scare the soul out of any drunken bloke....If that doesnt make them stop...consider having a baseball bat with you when u go out with ur GF...lolz....

Coming to serious advice, learn some martial art, or try weight-lifting to "build up".
Reply 25
Don't fight them. She'll just think that you're a bit of a possessive loser. Ignore them, walk away. If you have to do something, move her to the other side of you so that you're between her and them.

Also, if one of them touches her, then you can jump in and politely ask them to remove their hand. If that doesn't work then you fight them. It's a win win situation. If you win, then you are macho and if you lose, then you took a beating for her - your love is undying and you will sacrifice your pretty face for her.

And be grateful that you got the hot girlfriend.
I think men have a habit of checking out my boyfriends fists before saying anything, cos i catch several looking but none actually say anything. So i'm yet to find out if he would beat the **** of the them, i'm in no doubt of the fact that he could.
Reply 27
what!? be grateful that you have the 'hot girlfriend' yeah sure i'm in intensive care but hey i have a hot girlfriend and i'm sure most girls wouldnt be all that bothered if you took a beating for them and probably wouldnt stick around long after. To the OP girls can look after themselves and you dont need to worry about protecting them 24/7. but i understand how you feel, theres a lot of pressure from society to be seen as the protector like if they are troubling you and your girlfriend and a lot of girls just dont seem to understand this.
Reply 28
aww your so cute :hugs:
What does your girlfriend think of it?
Don’t let it get to u!!! Remember she’s going out with u-not any of those drunken idiots! So they think ur gf is sexy bla bla bla…I bet u find other girls attractive, right? Ignore it, I mean think about it…how is she feeling right now? Pissed off probably…
Reply 31
Carry and machine gun. :cool: :ts:
Reply 32
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
I'm fine ignoring comments about me, but when I'm with a girl and they make comments about her, I'm not sure I'd be able to ignore it.

Then again, it has yet to happen.

Yea, but its putting her and you in un-needed danger. I'd live to fight another day.
Reply 33
i should of learnt from this ages ago as my brother was nearly killed (stabbed continously) for shouting something back at guys as he walked past with his gf.

But i think alot of it is to do wiith soicety. Maybe i am to protective over her and possesive. But shes the same back. I cant explain what goes through my mind when it happens, at the momment i normally just ignore what people say but iv had enough of it now, had enough of being the lil wimp, i would take a beaten for her any day.

Guys: How would you deal with it if it happend to you ?

Girls: What would you want your guy to do?
Reply 34
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Martial arts + powerlifting = one tough *****er.

Exactly the combo I'm on atm.

3/4 days in the gym 1/2 days doing aikido.

In response to above Q - completely depends on the situation. If 5+ guys were being leary there's little chance of me starting a fight over comments as there aren't too many people who can take on 5 guys, and I can't....yet.

If some guy started becoming agressive/whatever then I'd retaliate.
Reply 35
Shout Box
i should of learnt from this ages ago as my brother was nearly killed (stabbed continously) for shouting something back at guys as he walked past with his gf.

But i think alot of it is to do wiith soicety. Maybe i am to protective over her and possesive. But shes the same back. I cant explain what goes through my mind when it happens, at the momment i normally just ignore what people say but iv had enough of it now, had enough of being the lil wimp, i would take a beaten for her any day.

Guys: How would you deal with it if it happend to you ?

Girls: What would you want your guy to do?

****, is he ok now without any lasting damage?

This, and the fact that I could get her raped, makes me hold my tongue and not get too bothered at stupid comments. Words are after all, harmless.

If they invade your space and start touching, thats another matter altogether....
matchu
Exactly the combo I'm on atm.

3/4 days in the gym 1/2 days doing aikido.

Just think what Bruce Lee could do at about 150lbs. He could bench 300 and knock a guy back 6 feet.

Imagine if he had been a 250lb powerlifter!
Reply 37
Try israeli self defence..its very good and practical.
Reply 38
samba
****, is he ok now without any lasting damage?

This, and the fact that I could get her raped, makes me hold my tongue and not get too bothered at stupid comments. Words are after all, harmless.

If they invade your space and start touching, thats another matter altogether....

he had head cut open , collasped lung and number of stabb wounds. the only last effect is his scars.

awwwwww im just going to have to get bigger, im eating loads at the momment and doing so much gym. things go through my mind now like :eek: :eek: do steroids or something :eek: :eek: :eek: :frown:
Reply 39
Hahahaha, I like ur post dude. U seem to be a nice guy...
Dont worry about all that, there will be a time when u will be big.. and the fact that ur working towards ur goal.. keep going

Latest

Trending

Trending