The Student Room Group

Childhood studies&sociology OR childhood studies&health and social care?

In the future I would like to become a fully qualified social worker. I know childhood studies and sociology or childhood studies and health and social wont get me there, I plan on doing social work after one of these courses I just need help and advise as to which one would be more beneficial for social work? I have got offers to do them both but cant decide?? Thanks
Original post by Abbiejadex
In the future I would like to become a fully qualified social worker. I know childhood studies and sociology or childhood studies and health and social wont get me there, I plan on doing social work after one of these courses I just need help and advise as to which one would be more beneficial for social work? I have got offers to do them both but cant decide?? Thanks

Hey, I'm in a similar situation to you. What did you decide to go for?
Reply 2
Original post by adriana95
Hey, I'm in a similar situation to you. What did you decide to go for?

I havent yet decided Ive also applied for Social Work which I have an interview for so I suppose it all depends. I dont know if it would be better doing my childhood studies first and then social work or what. Have you decided? :smile:
I havent yet decided Ive also applied for Social Work which I have an interview for so I suppose it all depends. I dont know if it would be better doing my childhood studies first and then social work or what. Have you decided? :smile:

ive got an offer for social care and health studies at wolves which I've firmed, I know I can go into social work with that, but I am hoping j can change the course to childhood and family studies with sociology (can also get into social work with that) and insured northampton for childhood and youth :smile: good luck for your interview !
Reply 4
Original post by adriana95
ive got an offer for social care and health studies at wolves which I've firmed, I know I can go into social work with that, but I am hoping j can change the course to childhood and family studies with sociology (can also get into social work with that) and insured northampton for childhood and youth :smile: good luck for your interview !

Yeah sounds great:smile: thank you very much, good luck to you too for your future in social work!
Reply 5
Wow I totally forgot about this post! I decided to go straight for the BA HONS Social Work and I have completed 2/3 years and about to start my dissertation. Time goes so quick
Wow I totally forgot about this post! I decided to go straight for the BA HONS Social Work and I have completed 2/3 years and about to start my dissertation. Time goes so quick

Lol & I am doing a completely different course at a completely different uni, also completed 2/3 years. Yep time really does fly:u:

Quick Reply

Latest