The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Traditional A-level choices for bath??

I'm currently deciding my a-levels and am interested bath university. (I like to plan ahead haha)

I either want to study 'management and marketing' or 'business administration' and I was trying to find the entry requirements for these courses, however all I can find is:

We have a strong preference for traditional A level subjects

We will consider a single non-traditional A-level subject as the 3rd A-level

I was just wondering, what subjects are classed as traditional a level's and which arent?

Any help is appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by larj19
I'm currently deciding my a-levels and am interested bath university. (I like to plan ahead haha)

I either want to study 'management and marketing' or 'business administration' and I was trying to find the entry requirements for these courses, however all I can find is:

I was just wondering, what subjects are classed as traditional a level's and which arent?

'Traditional' refers to the subjects most seen as academic - Maths, the Sciences, Economics, etc.

Non-traditional refers to subjects that may be seen as 'softer' than other subjects - Sociology, IT, etc.

An example subject combination for either of your courses that would fit the bill might be Maths, Physics and Business Studies. Maths and Physics would be your traditional subjects, BS not being counted as such. Economics and Business Studies might be seen as a better combination, however, I believe Bath is one of the universities which does not prefer that combination due to the overlap.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
As far as I know, traditional means the same as facilitating.
The list of facilitating subjects is maths, further maths, english literature, physics, biology, chemistry, geography, history, languages.
Original post by larj19

Hi,

It looks like you've had some good answers from other posters but if you want any specific queries answered then you can emails [email protected] and they'll be able to help you.

Feel free to quote me if you have any other questions.

Sam

Quick Reply

Latest