The Student Room Group

What do you tell your friends and family?

Hey,
I have quite a few close friends who I met online (male and female). They all live in the same city as me and I've bumped into some of them over the years whilst out and about. I found out one guy went to my college and another lived around the corner from me. It's actually funny how we've somehow been in the same place at the same time (unplanned) or had a sort of connection (e.g. living close by). I clearly have no problem with meeting people online and I've been lucky enough to meet a good bunch.

However the question ' how do you know each other?' pops up from time to time and things get a little awkward. I know how some of my friends are about the whole thing, so I manage to avoid the question. One of my friends told her friends how she met me and they found it weird, but laughed it off.

I can easily talk to my ''online friends" about the guy I am dating now who I happened to meet online. But when my mum asks where I'm going I'm never straight forward about it. Well on one occasion I mentioned his name etc and I know she will ask how I met him. She'll get over it i guess, just not looking forward to hearing what she has to say.

So what do you say when your friends/family ask about your friend or partner you met online?
Reply 1
How old are you to start with?

If you're 18 or so, then it's totally fine, because you're technically an adult.

If you still don't want to tell her the truth as per say, just tell her through friends b

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending