The Student Room Group

driving test nerves

Anyone who can help .. I took my driving test around two months ago , I got very nervous and my leg began to twitch after that I told the test man that I couldn't do it so this meant that not only did I not even leave the test centre but I faild on control of the car from my leg shaking! I have my test on Thursday ... And I'm getting very nervous ! :frown:
Reply 1
My leg twitches like mad when I use the clutch, when doing certain maneuvers, however, I'm still in control of the car, it's just the positioning of my leg, hits a nerve behind my knee or something.

Just breathe, do you feel confident? Or are the nerves taking over everything?
Reply 2
OP
I felt very confident the first time I took my test ! But since the experience of my last test I have lost all my confidence . I have never suffere with nerves up until now
Reply 3
Original post by 224
I felt very confident the first time I took my test ! But since the experience of my last test I have lost all my confidence . I have never suffere with nerves up until now

Just totally forget about that test, or think of it as a mock test of some sort.
Reply 4
OP
Thanks for the advice
Reply 5
Original post by 224
Thanks for the advice ������

It's okay :smile:
Reply 6
I used kalms and rescue remedy. They just take the edge off the nerves. I also tried to pretend the examiner wasn't there, that actually helped, as I was totally focussed on my driving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
There is something pretty tense about the driving test, but just try to remember it is no different in reality than being with your instructor. What about having your instructor in the car, googling relaxation exercises to help in advance or even getting advice from your GP.
Reply 8
OP
Original post by tumshie
I used kalms and rescue remedy. They just take the edge off the nerves. I also tried to pretend the examiner wasn't there, that actually helped, as I was totally focussed on my driving.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have rescue remedy that I have started taking , but I know with kalms you have to take them two weeks before the test for them to work ! I only found that out yesterday
Reply 9
I took the kalms for a week before, but tbh, I found the rescue remedy better anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
OP
Original post by tumshie
I took the kalms for a week before, but tbh, I found the rescue remedy better anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant :smile: thanks for the advice
Original post by 224
Brilliant :smile: thanks for the advice

No probs, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
OP
Original post by Zarek
There is something pretty tense about the driving test, but just try to remember it is no different in reality than being with your instructor. What about having your instructor in the car, googling relaxation exercises to help in advance or even getting advice from your GP.

I have thought about having my instructor in the car but will feel like I have two people watching me haha ! Thanks for the advice will definitely Google the relaxation exercise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending