The Student Room Group

Will BB cream damage your skin?

Will wearing BB cream everyday/almost everyday damage your skin for the future, as in, will it increase aging and damage?

I want to start wearing BB cream to school (Im 17), as I currently only wear mascara and brown eyeliner, but I dont want to damage my skin and speed up aging/wrinkle formation.
Original post by liass
Will wearing BB cream everyday/almost everyday damage your skin for the future, as in, will it increase aging and damage?

I want to start wearing BB cream to school (Im 17), as I currently only wear mascara and brown eyeliner, but I dont want to damage my skin and speed up aging/wrinkle formation.

I don't think products age skin. Sun and smoking age skin. If anything a BB cream will prevent aging as most have a little SPF in them so you'll be protected from the sun.

I suffer from a bit of dermatitis on my face and BB cream actually helps that too (as it acts like a barrier between my skin and the stuff in the that irritates it (dust etc.)
Reply 2
well massive use can harm skin i guess. however wear sun screen always
Reply 3
No, it doesn't. But I guess you have to keep in mind about your skin types when buying the BB cream. Also, washing your face, exfoliating and the rest as you know it. However, refrain yourself from wearing make up(even if its BB cream) on a daily basis. Its better to stay natural until you've crossed your teen years if you want to have good skin for the long run or something.

I personally prefer BB creams for normal ocassions, and a mix of BB cream and my foundation if i do have to go somewhere formal/dressed up.
Reply 4
BB creams actually claim to have moisturising and protecting benefits. I used to wear heavy foundations and concealers everyday to give me coverage and cover my acne. I was recommended not to wear makeup and let my skin breathe, which I couldn't do as I was so self conscious so I decided to opt for a BB cream which would atleast give me a bit of coverage. Since switching I have actually noticed that my skin has cleared up enough for me to go out with no makeup on and not feel so self conscious.

Quick Reply

Latest