The Student Room Group

Opinion on the King of Rock n' Roll?

(edited 6 years ago)
I love Elvis Presley to be honest. My dad is a huge fan, so growing up kind of influenced my decision. (He went to the ELVIS Graceland thing in London yesterday)

My favourite Elvis songs include his slow ones (like Love Me Tender, My Way, American Trilogy and Don't Cry Daddy), but I also love his catchier songs like Jailhouse Rock, Bossa Nova Baby and that where they're more upbeat. My absolute favourites are Always on my Mind, Can't Help Falling in Love and I'm in love with Way Down!

What do you think about his movies? I think they are ok, but I think the director's made Elvis out to be quite vain in his scripts, so I kind of saw a fake Elvis on TV which kind of put me off of him. If you get what I mean?
I also like the remixed versions of Elvis' songs too like A Little Less Conversation (JLX) and Rubberneckin'. And that Viva Elvis!!!!
Reply 3
(edited 6 years ago)
No, unfortunately he was like 8 when Elvis died, but it was his death hitting the news what made him ask his father [my grandfather] "Who is that?" and that's how he became a huge obsessed fan! Haha. We even have some of Elvis' memoribilia and his painting on our landing wall and even film cuttings from the original tape movie of Blue Hawaii and Love Me Tender (and the gold vinyl with the single).!!!
Reply 5
Reply 6
Elvis is amazing. My favourite song is viva Las Vegas or jailhouse rock.

A lot of people just haven't taken the time to listen to him, his music is amazing. Has a vibe you can't find anywhere else, he has an amazing voice and no matter what he does with it (a slow song or a rock song) it's just so nice to hear.

It's his legacy, music, life and impact which makes him the king of rock and roll.
Justin Bieber

Spoiler

I like Little Richard.
[QUOTE=revisioner;53035981]I love Elvis Presley to be honest. My dad is a huge fan, so growing up kind of influenced my decision. (He went to the ELVIS Graceland thing in London yesterday)

My favourite Elvis songs include his slow ones (like Love Me Tender, My Way, American Trilogy and Don't Cry Daddy), but I also love his catchier songs like Jailhouse Rock, Bossa Nova Baby and that where they're more upbeat. My absolute favourites are Always on my Mind, Can't Help Falling in Love and I'm in love with Way Down!

What do you think about his movies? I think they are ok, but I think the director's made Elvis out to be quite vain in his scripts, so I kind of saw a fake Elvis on TV which kind of put me off of him. If you get what I mean?

Some of my favourites too! And same about the dad thing haha! I also love Kentucky rain, memories, wonder of you and lost that lovin feeling!
Don't like his singing. Don't like his songs.

Quick Reply

Latest