The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Of course you'll get in. Bangor seem to accept people despite some students completely flunking their exams, so there is no need to worry.

I firmly believe that university is different to school in that, people who don't do great at school can do really well at uni. Although, I've seen evidence of people doing badly at school and carrying that on to degree level :wink:.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 61
Yep, if its any consolation i missed my offer by like 120 points and still got accepted!
Reply 62
I think the way exams and stuff are marked and the general way they teach you is completely different..and in lots of cases it appeals to people more so people tend to do quite well at uni! *provided you put in the effort of course..* i mean i was only there for what, 5 weeks.. but all my grades were 1sts or 2.1s (thats As and Bs if you don't understand university marks..) which is amazing considering i did so terrible at Alevel!! :rolleyes: So yes..you can go on to do really well at uni even if you don't have amazing grades and Bangor is one of the universities that can seem to spot potential in people that having got as amazing Alevel grades! :smile: Don't worry all, you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 63
Ditto - i missed my offer by 100points!

But i don't necessarily believe that Alevels alone are a good indicator of how well you'll do at university..and Bangor takes that into consideration when deciding who to accept :smile:
Reply 64
XK-louX
lol yeah u did! :smile:
are you gonna go to bangor then?
and thnks dani and liam 4 the luck! im gonna need it to pass my exams..but hopefully i'll get in whatever happens as u both seem to think so!

I might do. I'm having trouble deciding, and I won't have long to reply to unis now I've got all 6 offers back. I might have to visit Bangor again, and visit the actual uni rather than just going around the pubs and getting drunk. :redface:
Reply 65
i got conditional offers for both the courses i applied for at Bangor. 280 points to do Law. Im really chuffed as its my first choice. Going to work really hard now to get there.
Reply 66
hey welcome to the bangor forum katy! nice to see another manc on here!

congrats on the offer! hav u been to bangor yet???
Reply 67
Lime_01
hey welcome to the bangor forum katy! nice to see another manc on here!

congrats on the offer! hav u been to bangor yet???

yeah when i looked round on the open day. I really chuffed with the offer as it has been my first choice all along.
Reply 68
good good! lets hope we see you all next year!

rather dissapointed at the lack of education people at the moment thou feeling rather left out atm!
Reply 69
Health & Social Care.
Anyone thinking of putting it as their F or I choice?
xx
Reply 70
Hey sofia - that department are lovely!!! :biggrin: Gotta be the nicest bunch of people in the uni! And thats saying something coz they're all nice!! :biggrin:
Reply 71
I've got an interview on the 28th of january, for primary education, I already have more points than they were asking for so I don't know what my offer might be
Reply 72
Ooh one of my ex flatmates does primary education and she really loves it! If you're not welsh be prepared to learn welsh as part of your course coz youll do a placement in wales! And have to teach the kiddies what you know! :smile:
Reply 73
Scubar
I've got an interview on the 28th of january, for primary education, I already have more points than they were asking for so I don't know what my offer might be

wahey a education person! welcome to the bangor forum adam!

Im doin secondary design tech leading to QTS but if you need any help or want to ask any questions about the education dept at bangor please feel free to ask!

Liam :smile:
Psychology with Clinical & Health Psychology :biggrin:
Reply 75
:biggrin: i have a offer to study music [bmus]
anyone else for music?
xxx
Reply 76
2 Triplet
anyone else for music?
xxx

This is where nat and charlotte come in! To share all their knowledge! :P
Reply 77
2 Triplet
anyone else for music?
xxx

I know that:rolleyes: :smile: . You want to go to Cardiff anyway:frown: .
Reply 78
dani_88
Hey sofia - that department are lovely!!! :biggrin: Gotta be the nicest bunch of people in the uni! And thats saying something coz they're all nice!! :biggrin:

Do you know anybody that does that course?
How do they find it etc?
Bangor is top of my list at the moment but that could all change when I attend the Open Day...just have to wait and see :rolleyes:
Reply 79
I've got a conditional for Music. Coming for an interview this wednesday coming :smile:

Latest