The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Questions

Hi, I have received an conditional offer for Psychology with Criminology, but if I pick SHU as my first choice it will become unconditional. At the moment I'm unsure whether I will do this, as there's another university that I really like. I have a few questions:

1. My course is based at the Collegiate campus. I have briefly looked at some accomodation options on the SHU website, however there seems to be quite a bit of a walk between many of the halls and the Collegiate campus. What would you recommend? Are there any cheap busses? Is it worth getting a bus?

2. As there will probably be times when I will need to go to the city campus (maybe for employability support etc.), does the university run a bus between campuses or anything?

3. I'll probably find out about this on the open day, but does the Collegiate campus have alright facilities? Does the campus look ok?
Reply 1
Bump
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
1. The Forge,Trigon,Victoria Hall and Devonshire courtyard are all a reasonable walking distance to collegiate. There are loads of cheap buses that drop you off just round the corner from campus. Only accommodation i would really avoid is the Pinnacles. Great looking accommodation but way too far away from collegiate imo.

2. Not as far as im aware but the city campus is extremely close to the majority of accommodations and not too far from collegiate campus (in my opinion anyway) so walking shouldn't be an issue.

3. Its great! Its split up into several different buildings so can be a little confusing at first but the learning centre and heart of the campus are great! I was only there a month before i deferred but I really did enjoy studying at collegiate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending