The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Katbatt
I already live in london atm so I'm just going to stay where I am. I had a look at the price of the student accommodation though and there's no way I could afford that! If your moving here I'd recommend you check out private student lets as they should be cheaper!

Have you looked into bursaries yet? Do you know how much we get?

how much is the student accommodation?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hey, jw if anyone knows what order they are going to rank the different residences at king's as applications for accommodation are open soon. I'm definitely going to have stamford street as my first choice and then great dover street as my second, but I don't know where to go from there and would appreciate any help :smile:
There's a private accommodation near Moonraker Point. It's called Pure Bankside. I stayed there as I didn't get into Moonraker Point. I loved it and apparently it's much better than moonraker point!
Can anyone who has been for MMI's and the tests give advice to those who haven't? Kings is my first choice and would really love to get in but Maths certainly is not my strong point. I can't get "snap" to work, did anyone else find this or could recommend another site to use?

What kind of questions do they ask you?
This being my fourth interview you would think I would of chilled out but I'm very nervous and any advice would be very much appreciated!
Original post by NatashaRDT
Can anyone who has been for MMI's and the tests give advice to those who haven't? Kings is my first choice and would really love to get in but Maths certainly is not my strong point. I can't get "snap" to work, did anyone else find this or could recommend another site to use?

This being my fourth interview you would think I would of chilled out but I'm very nervous and any advice would be very much appreciated!

Hi, when I did the tests last year they were really straightforward, I think fractions and decimals are the only thing I would particularly focus on. Good luck in your interview :smile:
Original post by anon756
I had my MMI and tests on February 26th but I still haven't heard anything back. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm really starting to worry :frown:

They usually reject applicants straight away, I waited 2 weeks until I got my offer, so waiting is good.

Original post by LoisM
Hi all, I have just been looking/panicking about student finance. And I was wondering about the NHS bursary, does anyone know if we get money every year for 3 years? Or just a one off payment in your first year? I assume it's every year as nurses can't get so much from the govenment as we get it from the NHS, but just wanted to check! Any ideas?

You get a bursary every year, but it's mean tested. The amount they give you really isnt enough to sustain life, a lot of the other students in my cohort have to do some part time work or rely on their parents/partners
Still waiting for the result after numeracy and literacy test. This waiting is killing me because it more than a week now.
Has anybody got any offer from kings after last week selection day ?.
Reply 368
I had an MMI on Monday and I got an offer on Tuesday night, so happy, but they did said it could take up to three weeks, so don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anon756
I had my MMI and tests on February 26th but I still haven't heard anything back. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm really starting to worry :frown:

I had my MMI and tests on the 26th February also and still yet to hear anything. Im trying to think positive - No news is good news! Such a anxious wait though. Good Luck :smile:
Original post by YasminWalter
I had my MMI and tests on the 26th February also and still yet to hear anything. Im trying to think positive - No news is good news! Such a anxious wait though. Good Luck :smile:

I emailed them a couple of days ago to enquire about the status of my application but they haven't replied yet. I just want to know agh. Good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by NatashaRDT

Hey, I have my MMI on the 1st of April and snap isn't working for me either so dont really know what to expect for the maths.
Original post by sophielouise131
I have my MMI and tests on the 1st of april for adult nursing.You guys got any advice for me?

I have my MMI that day as well.
Reply 373
Has any pgdippers heard back from their Apel form?! :smile:
I don't know how to quote all three people who asked in my answer so I'll just reply here and hope you guys see it! I have an offer so I'll try and help you as much as possible but bear in mind we do have to sign a non disclosure form.

Tests- Maths is pretty basic, I revised all my GCSE notes again and just thought of functions I would have to use in the daily nurses work, for instance it's unlikely I'd use vectors haha. If you keep a calm head and just work through it, I'm sure you'll do great.

English is a little harder to help on but its definitely worth making sure you get your timing up to date, I think that's where people lose out a lot. As for what you have to write... it's subjective on everyone so I don't think there's any wrong or right answers, just go with what you're thinking when you read the question and try to form it into a coherent sentence then write it. Again, I'm sure to even get a test invitation they know you have the right idea about the course through your PS!

MMI- The interviewers won't have seen your PS before so you really have to sort of put yourself forward. Don't assume they'll know what you're talking about even if you mentioned it, because chances are they won't. The questions vary in difficulty, but I genuinely enjoyed the presence of the interviewers, they were very friendly and engaging and some even go off topic which is relaxing! If I had to say a tip without actually saying the question: be alert! Make sure to pay attention. Oh and for another question; it might throw you off a little but just think hard and even if you have to think for 15 secs then do so, if you explain it clearly it's better than rushing into it! Last thing- the fact that there's several stations means lots of people can gain an opinion on you, this is actually to your advantage. I messed up on one station but still got the offer.

Good luck to you all and feel free to ask if you have any more questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know roughly how many people are on the PGDip Adult branch course in each intake? Or even how many nursing students overall?
Original post by luckycat28
Does anyone know roughly how many people are on the PGDip Adult branch course in each intake? Or even how many nursing students overall?

Hey
It does say somewhere on the course web page how many places there are...just checked and it says 183 places but unclear if that is for all the different branches or just adult.
Katbatt I am waiting to hear back from my APEL too - trying to put it to the back of my mind but it's the final hurdle before an unconditional offer and SO exciting!! I did get an email a few days after submitting via the kings app page to say it can take between 4-6 weeks!! :-S fingers are crossed for us all :-)
Original post by Gold2015
Has anybody got any offer from kings after last week selection day ?.

Had my numeracy and literacy test on Wednesday 25th and a woman who I met there called me on Friday to tell me that she's already been rejected because she failed! I've got my fingers crossed that ive passed but I do get the impression that unsuccessful candidates will be rejected straight away. They did say you'd hear back from 7-10 days. I just didn't expect it to be 2 days (in the case of that lady I met!)

X
Original post by LadyJazzles
Had my numeracy and literacy test on Wednesday 25th and a woman who I met there called me on Friday to tell me that she's already been rejected because she failed! I've got my fingers crossed that ive passed but I do get the impression that unsuccessful candidates will be rejected straight away. They did say you'd hear back from 7-10 days. I just didn't expect it to be 2 days (in the case of that lady I met!)

X

Wow 2 days rejection !. So quick. But I had my on the 18th of march and i'm still waiting for the result. I wish we can all get good result back . Thanks and hope to hear frm u soon .
Original post by Gold2015
Wow 2 days rejection !. So quick. But I had my on the 18th of march and i'm still waiting for the result. I wish we can all get good result back . Thanks and hope to hear frm u soon .

I had mine not my .

Quick Reply

Latest