The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gravitywills
Ye I'm sure we will :smile:, my actual name is Gravisha. Just got a reply from King's explaining they've been really busy and will send the enrolment task by the end of the week so thankfully that's sorted :smile:.

Oh good. You must be relieved. I will watch out for anyone named Gravisha on thursday or friday next week. My real name is Ugomma 😉
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Anyone heard about the Welcome Picnic? Can't remember the day as I found it facebook and have now deactivated my account (hate facebook)
Also, the mature student mixer sounds cool- not sure if 23 can be thought of as mature though :colondollar:
Original post by ceturner89
Hi Clare, Yay I'm a mature student too (26)... thought i'd be the only one on the Bsc children's, think most mature students are doing the pgdip. Add me of fb- Chloe Elizabeth Turner. I hadn't really thought about attending the mixer, but i guess its a good opportunity to meet everyone :smile:

I'm attending the Friday mixer that is between 4 and 5! you should definitely give it a go! will be a great opportunity! I've added you on Facebook, My name is Clare Louise Sadler.
Reply 683
Hi guys
Picked up my student card yesterday...this is real now :smile:
Am also going to the mature student mixer thing next weds so hope to see some of you there! Oh and i got a 16-25 rail card yesterday (I'm 31 but you can get one if full time mature student) - and it made me laugh because in the space where it says 'date of birth:' it just says 'mature student' ! Weirdly I like that date of birth is now irrelevant now that i'm classed as 'mature' lol!
Also once you've enrolled you can get your council tax exemption letter, u need to send an email to [email protected] with your name and student id in it, and then go to the student services desk on 3rd floor of the james maxwell building (by the imax)..:smile:
Original post by harriets1
Hi, my name is Harriet and i'm doing BSc Child Nursing, looking forward to meeting you all:smile:. Feel free to add me on facebook 'Harriet Sagar'.

Also wondering what everyone's plan is for enrolment week?

Is it right we're in for uniform fitting in Tuesday 2-3 then in again on Thursday 1.30-5.30 for our actual induction getting timetables and stuff then in on Friday 9-11 for placement based information? Is that all for next week? I'm worried I've missed something haha
Original post by jennall
Anyone heard about the Welcome Picnic? Can't remember the day as I found it facebook and have now deactivated my account (hate facebook)
Also, the mature student mixer sounds cool- not sure if 23 can be thought of as mature though :colondollar:

Yea I was a bit like woah am I really a mature student? Lol
Original post by morgash
Hi guys
Picked up my student card yesterday...this is real now :smile:
Am also going to the mature student mixer thing next weds so hope to see some of you there! Oh and i got a 16-25 rail card yesterday (I'm 31 but you can get one if full time mature student) - and it made me laugh because in the space where it says 'date of birth:' it just says 'mature student' ! Weirdly I like that date of birth is now irrelevant now that i'm classed as 'mature' lol!
Also once you've enrolled you can get your council tax exemption letter, u need to send an email to [email protected] with your name and student id in it, and then go to the student services desk on 3rd floor of the james maxwell building (by the imax)..:smile:

Thanks for the useful info x
Reply 687
Hey everyone

I am here at Kings...... Is anyone else here and unsure like me what to do!😀
I have picked up my student card!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Vivien1
Hey everyone

I am here at Kings...... Is anyone else here and unsure like me what to do!😀
I have picked up my student card!

Hello Vivien, I was at Kings around midday today. Got my card too and fitted for uniforms. Thats me done till Thursday.
Reply 689
[QUOTE=Ugomma;59353417]Hello Vivien, I was at Kings around midday today. Got my card too and fitted for uniforms. Thats me done till Thursday.

Great! Thanks Ugomma, hopefully will see you on Thursday
Cool. See you tomorrow hopefully.

Original post by Vivien1
Great! Thanks Ugomma, hopefully will see you on Thursday
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Hi guys! I've been searching around and I haven't found a thread specifically dedicated to Kings (I'm probably wrong, feel free to correct me) Nursing Applicants for September 2015.

I figured it would be good to have this so we can see when everyone is getting offers, interviews etc but also so we have people we know if we do end up firming and going to Kings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi I'm applying to kings this year for nursing and I'm absolutely bricking it regarding the numeracy test could you tell me what sort of things came up? also what sort of questions do they ask in the mini interviews
Original post by rose1709
hi I'm applying to kings this year for nursing and I'm absolutely bricking it regarding the numeracy test could you tell me what sort of things came up? also what sort of questions do they ask in the mini interviews

Hi Rose, we had to sign an nda so we can't actually tell you what came up exactly. The maths exam was as gcse level. They should have sent link to join NHS sn@p which realllly helped me. Very similar questions to the exam. You can just google it.

This is also a link to an example of what the exam looks like
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/study/applicants/preregistration/selectiondays/Numeracy-example-2013-14.pdf

Regarding the mmi... Everyone has their own experience, but all I can say is just be yourself. Prepare youself as you would for a normal interview. Think about why YOU want to go into this profession and most importantly let them see your passion.

Good luck
Original post by rose1709

I'll PM you later if that's okay? I'm kind of busy atm with uni work so I don't wanna give you half hearted response. :smile:
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I'll PM you later if that's okay? I'm kind of busy atm with uni work so I don't wanna give you half hearted response. :smile:

Thank you so much
I also wanted to ask what happens if you dont meet theor requirement which is bbb. As to wether or not they are lenient??
Reply 696
I have taken health and social care, philosophy and ethics, psychology and drama and theatre. Studies. Has anyone got offers without having done a science?

Thanks x
Original post by Kwat
I have taken health and social care, philosophy and ethics, psychology and drama and theatre. Studies. Has anyone got offers without having done a science?

Thanks x

Hello Kwat,

My first degree is in Politics and I got a place this year so I think as long as you write a very good statement and have relevant experience you should be fine.
Reply 698
Hi everybody!

I am looking for advise. Next year I would like to apply for nursing at KCL, but I worry because I am from eu, I have comparsion to A-levels AAAB but no science subject!! But my gcse includes everything what whey want - maths, english and science. Is it possible to apply? I also worked as au-pair and eldery carer so hope it can helps. How is it with english? Ielts at 7.5? What next do they require? I read about tests - maths can be ok but I can't image literacy and MMI. Can anybody explain it to me?

Thank you so much and good luck :smile:
Reply 699
Hi guys any one here applying for Greenwich or Sheffield pgdip adult for March?

Quick Reply