The Student Room Group
"meet you as a potential applicant prior to making any formal offers"

I imagine they are talking about you coming for an interview.
Reply 2
I don't see why they can't just say "interview" it would make life a lot easier, Cardiff confused me slightly with a grammatically incorrect letter to visit an "Open Day" which I am guessing involves an interview.

Maybe they all talk in riddles for fun...
Reply 3
I thought it was for an interview as well but it doesnt mention it:
'..talk about the structure and content of the optom course. ..... following this talk you as an applicant will be invited to take part in a smaller group session with an academic member of staf. this will provide you with an oppurtunity to ask any further questions'

I am planning to phone then tomorrow and ask if it does involve a selection process such as an interview, I have read the letter 10 times over and over again, and am still confused!

Thank you for your replies btw
Reply 4
Swinston
I don't see why they can't just say "interview" it would make life a lot easier, Cardiff confused me slightly with a grammatically incorrect letter to visit an "Open Day" which I am guessing involves an interview.

Welcome to TSR by the way!:smile:
Reply 5
sounds like a plan, and thanks for the welcome! :smile:
Reply 6
Swinston

What did the Cardiff letter say exactly? I'm intrigued now.
Reply 7
It may involve an informal interview, so you don't sit down formally with a panel of like four people but you may get to talk to the admission tutors etc and they may ask you jsut a few short questions to see where you are in terms of enthusiasm about the course etc etc
Reply 8
Lottie
What did the Cardiff letter say exactly? I'm intrigued now.

"Thank you foryour application to study at the Cardiff School of Engineering. Due to the overwhelming volume of applications for your chosen course this year, Civil Engineering are holding Open Days on Wednesday, 13th December 2006 and Wednesday, 14th February 2007, which I am sure you would find very beneficial and enjoyable."

"Should you be unable to attend either date, there is also the option to request an offer without interview be made."

word for word (the important bits anyway)

Latest

Trending

Trending