The Student Room Group

Social work at Bath, UWE and Wiltshire

Hi, I have just applied to do social work at Bath, UWE and Wiltshire college.

Just wondered if anyone else had applied and if you have been invited to interview? And if you have been interviewed what can I expect at interview?

Thanks in advance 😄
Hi locky14,

Im not applying (as I am a third year in Social Work at Bournemouth) but I can give some advice on the interview if that helps.

The interview process is set out the the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) so is pretty much the same everywhere.

You normally get interviewed in groups so this helps I think - plus you can check out the competition. The day consist of a group discussion and then a written piece normally on something they ask you to read/watch on the day so you can't really prepare for this - just take notes while you are viewing it!

Then normally you have a personal interview with an academic and someone from the carers group or the local authority.

Its built to get the best out of you not to trip you up so just relax and take part.

I think the thing that people forget about when they go for an interview is that the Uni already want to meet you and find out more - so please take this confidence with you that you have obviously come across well.

You might want to do some reading around the HCPC or British Association of Social Work (BASW) or the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) as these are resources you are likely to use throughout your degree anyway and they discuss issues within social work and relevant new legislation that is coming into force.

Good Luck though - enjoy it!

Mish :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by locky14
Hi, I have just applied to do social work at Bath, UWE and Wiltshire college.

Just wondered if anyone else had applied and if you have been invited to interview? And if you have been interviewed what can I expect at interview?

Thanks in advance 😄

Have you heard from on bath? I applied in September and still haven't Hurd anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thanks Mish Lilly! What do you think may be some good questions to ask at interview?
Amberl92, I've still not heard anything 😔 let me know when you do though!
Ask about placements, ask about research the university is involved in. Ask about employment prospects. But also ask who you should contact if you think of something after you leave as they can be the killer questions. Good Luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by amberl92
Have you heard from on bath? I applied in September and still haven't Hurd anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had your interview? I had mine on the 25th of Feb X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by laidljod
Have you had your interview? I had mine on the 25th of Feb X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I had mine at UWE on the 2nd ofMarch and had an offer within two days! I've also had an offer from Wiltshire, although I've already picked Uwe as my firm and not picked a insurance choice, as I've realised Wiltshire is too far to commute as I live in Bristol.
Have you had any offers?
Reply 7
Original post by locky14
Yes I had mine at UWE on the 2nd ofMarch and had an offer within two days! I've also had an offer from Wiltshire, although I've already picked Uwe as my firm and not picked a insurance choice, as I've realised Wiltshire is too far to commute as I live in Bristol.
Have you had any offers?

I've had my interviews at bath and Birmingham in the last two weeks and haven't heard anything yet. I have my interview at UWE on the 14th of April also, how was the interview at UWE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest