The Student Room Group

Could I do Pure Math postgrad with Discrete Math (Warwick) degree?

I've had few offers to do Comp Sci and math, but Warwick's closest form was Discrete Math.
It contains a decent amount of pure modules (here's first year course: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/dcs/teaching/ugcourses/dm1/).

If I did this degree, would it be possible, if I wanted, to go on to do a post grad in a pure math topic? I ask this because I don't want to limit myself in what I do before I've even started.
I don't want to do a pure maths degree (I want some aspect of Comp Sci involved), but I'm not sure whether the discrete math degree focuses too much on actual discrete topics and ignores the pure ones that you would see in another universities' Math and Comp Sci course.

Any advice is appreciated, I'm not sure what to do.
When I emailed them they said they would being releasing a masters in that degree but you were fine to have a masters in maths or computer science. So I assume that would also apply to PhD/postgrad:smile:

Pop them an email though for 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by acontium
When I emailed them they said they would being releasing a masters in that degree but you were fine to have a masters in maths or computer science. So I assume that would also apply to PhD/postgrad:smile:

Pop them an email though for 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant specifically masters. Like would I be able to go on to do a masters in pure maths if I got my undergrad in discrete maths?
Original post by ImNormal
I meant specifically masters. Like would I be able to go on to do a masters in pure maths if I got my undergrad in discrete maths?

When I asked he said yes I could choose one of the three options yes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest