The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
done it !!!!! thnks
Reply 81
Hey could you please explain how you got it to work for the bennefit of others who may be having the same problem?

Thanks iainmacn but i still cannot get rid of my parameter input, everything looks fine to me, everything which should be in the query is there and i cant spot any mistakes in my expression. ill proberbly post an image tomorrow to make it easier to identify the problem.
Reply 82
yeah that would be good - I'm happy to take a look.

What does the parameter box say - I have seen it go wrong but normally it would put up the name of the field that is missing.

The other possibility which I'm not sure of but I do vaguely remember struggling with in the past is that if you use a calculated field in another calculation (the gross payment in the IIF in this case) then I think it may mess up and give a parameter box - but I wouldn't swear to that one.

If it's the case I'm remembering then the solution is to just do the gross payment in one calculation, save the query, and then use that as the input to another query where you do the IIF if that makes sense. If you're sure that all the fields are spelt correctly etc etc then that'd be the next thing I'd try

Smartguy - sounds like your grouping is wrong. Are you grouping on examiner and only on examiner? If you're grouping on the centre as well then you'll get several lines per examiner. Delete the centre number field from the QBE grid if needs be, you can always add it back in at a later date
Reply 83
yh ... your right iainmacn ... its not really working ... I thought it was working and was so excited that I posted that it worked .... errr ... I went school this morning only to find out that the Database just wold not open .... how annoying ... I should have made a copy ... help!!!
Reply 84
oops - didn't read back properly before posting that!

Not opening at school - hard to say why - I have seen it happen at time when there's a version incompatibility or with some VBA stuff if the version beign used isn't right. Does it still work at home?
Reply 85
Can anyone tell me what kind of stuff we need to do for the System Maintenance & Testing sections for the A2 project? I've come to a standstill after Analysis/Design... thanks.
Can someone put up screenshots of their relationships between the tables (if youve got it working) coz i have no idea where im going with this one. Our tutor gave us no help, he just said here it is and do it.

Im not sure if you have to create a new table to link all these ones in.

Any help is greatly appreciated

btw - im talking about teh UKAB Summer 2007 examiner payments
Reply 87
There's one at the top of page 4 on this thread :smile:
hey guys what exactly do we have to write in relation to our database about the following;

Record structure:
File organisation:
File Processing:
Security:
Integrity:

help!

(UKAB)
Hi. This is what I can remember from the good old days of A- Level computing :rolleyes:

Record Structure; this is basically like listing all the separate fields in a table, identifying the primary key. For example, if you had a table called Customer it may look something like this-
- Customer(Customer ID, Title, Surname, Address, Contact Telephone Number)

File organisation; I don't think you need this unless you're programming the solution

File Processing; see above

Security; use passwords, use different levels of access for different users so that they can't steal information and make millions :ninja:

Integrity; make sure the data aint corrupt. Make regular back- ups. Store data far from workplace in case the place blows down etc
Reply 90
Integrity will also include the use of validation and verification (if you used that to corroborate data values entered). For most people it'll just be validation though
frank_drebin
Hi. This is what I can remember from the good old days of A- Level computing :rolleyes:

Record Structure; this is basically like listing all the separate fields in a table, identifying the primary key. For example, if you had a table called Customer it may look something like this-
- Customer(Customer ID, Title, Surname, Address, Contact Telephone Number)

File organisation; I don't think you need this unless you're programming the solution

File Processing; see above

Security; use passwords, use different levels of access for different users so that they can't steal information and make millions :ninja:

Integrity; make sure the data aint corrupt. Make regular back- ups. Store data far from workplace in case the place blows down etc

Thanks alot. very helpful and really appreciate the humour!!
a stupid question but if an examiner is ticked under the Tax Deduction Flag field, does that mean tax is deducted or isnt?
Reply 93
^Means tax is deducted.
Reply 94
help!!!! CPT4 is impossible!!!! ive passed all the others so far with average B but im gonna faaaaaaaaiiiiiilllllllllllllllllll :frown:
mspen
help!!!! CPT4 is impossible!!!! ive passed all the others so far with average B but im gonna faaaaaaaaiiiiiilllllllllllllllllll :frown:

glad to know someone else feels the same way as i do....lolz:biggrin:
Reply 96
tip: get the specification of what you should know for the modules from the specification file on AQA web site. go through all the point and make sure you understand them fully. before i did that i was getting straight C's, afterwards i was getting straight A's. go figure. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending