The Student Room Group

Was he sexist?

So I have this guy friend who is dating a girl who is very physically affectionate, and he is not generally so, except for sex (in which case he is very sexual). He used to be a huge player, and has cheated on every girlfriend except the one he is currently with. He used to view women as sexual objects.

His current girlfriend, last week, asked him to get out of the car when we dropped her home to give her a hug. He said "I don't get why women care so much about silly **** like that, she can hug me in the car," and he kept refusing to give her a hug, and she eventually cried.

When I confronted him on it, he said "I do not do things at a woman's beck and call. Even if it's important to her, I'm not going to be her little bitch. If there is one thing I refuse to be, is whipped."

I think that was a very sexist thing to say, considering he has no issues telling her what to do.
Reply 1
BUMP
Inconsiderate ********? Yes.
Sexist? No, it's not like he refused to hug her because she was female, more because as he said himself, he's not into stuff like that.
Not sexist in this instance, just a massive dick.
Reply 4
I think it might be more about his own ego than him being sexist
It's a sad aspect of society that the word 'sexist' has been ripped so hard from its semantic roots that people actually wonder if it could be applied to a situation like this.
Women are naturally attracted to *******s
I don't think it was sexist, although it does suggest that he might be sexist.
Original post by BlondeSalad
So I have this guy friend who is dating a girl who is very physically affectionate, and he is not generally so, except for sex (in which case he is very sexual). He used to be a huge player, and has cheated on every girlfriend except the one he is currently with. He used to view women as sexual objects.

His current girlfriend, last week, asked him to get out of the car when we dropped her home to give her a hug. He said "I don't get why women care so much about silly **** like that, she can hug me in the car," and he kept refusing to give her a hug, and she eventually cried.

When I confronted him on it, he said "I do not do things at a woman's beck and call. Even if it's important to her, I'm not going to be her little bitch. If there is one thing I refuse to be, is whipped."

I think that was a very sexist thing to say, considering he has no issues telling her what to do.

But you did not think it was sexist for the girl to tell him to get out of the car to hug her goodbye?

Quick Reply

Latest