The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Extended natural sciences (foundation year)

Has anyone applied for animal behaviour/zoology and didn't have the experience/grades for it and got offered a place on the natural sciences course foundation year? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeahh I'm doing the Natural Sciences foundation year!! :biggrin: Except I'm moving onto Wildlife Conservation! Have you thought about accomodation yet? :smile:
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by GabiEarl
Yeahh I'm doing the Natural Sciences foundation year!! :biggrin: Except I'm moving onto Wildlife Conservation! Have you thought about accomodation yet? :smile:

Yayy! :biggrin: Ahh yeah I'm thinking liberty Atlantic because I'm lazy and it's like over the road from where we're studying :tongue: you?
Reply 3
Original post by Dem_rose
Yayy! :biggrin: Ahh yeah I'm thinking liberty Atlantic because I'm lazy and it's like over the road from where we're studying :tongue: you?

Hahaha! I was thinking Marybone 2 because I'm also lazy, but if I hate my flatmates then I can bum off to the social area! :wink: (I hope I do get on with my flatmates mind) :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hahaha! I was thinking Marybone 2 because I'm also lazy, but if I hate my flatmates then I can bum off to the social area! :wink: (I hope I do get on with my flatmates mind) :biggrin:

Hahah good thinking! I hope I get on with my flat mates too 🙈
Reply 5
I'm sure everyone will be on their best behavior - at first! :wink: My only issue would be if someone didn't do their dishes or something, because apparently you get fined if the flats a mess!! - If that happened, I'd chase them with a feather duster! :wink:
Reply 6
I'm sure everyone will be on their best behavior - at first! :wink: My only issue would be if someone didn't do their dishes or something, because apparently you get fined if the flats a mess!! - If that happened, I'd chase them with a feather duster! :wink:

Yeah same! Or if they eat my food and I can't tell who did it hahaha :biggrin: Yeah apparently damages get taken out if your deposit, or if you break something you won't get the deposit back :frown:
Reply 7
Yeah same! Or if they eat my food and I can't tell who did it hahaha :biggrin: Yeah apparently damages get taken out if your deposit, or if you break something you won't get the deposit back :frown:

Yeahh!! That would be nightmarish :wink: Gonna have to lay down some house rules! haha or put sticky notes on all the food :biggrin: Ahh that's grim, I suppose a lot of the flats get trashed at parties! :wink: Are you going to one of the applicant days? :smile:
Reply 8
Yeahh!! That would be nightmarish :wink: Gonna have to lay down some house rules! haha or put sticky notes on all the food :biggrin: Ahh that's grim, I suppose a lot of the flats get trashed at parties! :wink: Are you going to one of the applicant days? :smile:

Haha! Yeah sticky notes are a good idea :wink: I've just tried to book one and it says there isn't any applicant days for this course :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Haha! Yeah sticky notes are a good idea :wink: I've just tried to book one and it says there isn't any applicant days for this course :frown:

How odd!? :confused: Well, there's 2 for us: one is on the 18th of Feb and the other is on the 20th of March, both start at 10am - 4pm and are in the James Parsons building on Byrom St. I suggest you get in touch ith them if you wanna go! :smile: [email protected] or call 0151 231 2888! I've booked the 20th of March as mine! :smile:
Ohh hang on, yours would be Animal behaviour and zoology: It says yours is on the 9th of March at 10am! :smile: https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/appday/secured/apply.aspx
Reply 11
Ohh hang on, yours would be Animal behaviour and zoology: It says yours is on the 9th of March at 10am! :smile: https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/appday/secured/apply.aspx

Ahh okay thanks! :biggrin: I looked at animal behaviour because that's what I want to do after this foundation course but I thought there would be one for this course :/
Ahh okay thanks! :biggrin: I looked at animal behaviour because that's what I want to do after this foundation course but I thought there would be one for this course :/

Yeahh It would be loads better if there was! That way we could meet other people on the course and get an idea on what we'd be doing for the next year! Ahhh welll :wink:
Reply 13
Yeahh It would be loads better if there was! That way we could meet other people on the course and get an idea on what we'd be doing for the next year! Ahhh welll :wink:

Yeah definitely! :smile: I think we can choose our accommodation tomorrow! I'm torn between Liberty Atlatic and Marybone 2! :frown: They're both close to the main building hahah :biggrin:
Yeah definitely! :smile: I think we can choose our accommodation tomorrow! I'm torn between Liberty Atlatic and Marybone 2! :frown: They're both close to the main building hahah :biggrin:

Mann, the kitchens in Liberty Atlantic look amazing, but I like the idea of the social area in Marybone 2!!! So conflicting!! :wink: I might try and book a viewing... I hate making decisions!!! Hahaha :biggrin:
Reply 15
Mann, the kitchens in Liberty Atlantic look amazing, but I like the idea of the social area in Marybone 2!!! So conflicting!! :wink: I might try and book a viewing... I hate making decisions!!! Hahaha :biggrin:

Hahah yeah they have pool tables and stuff! :biggrin: I know right, adult decisions are hard! :P
Hahah yeah they have pool tables and stuff! :biggrin: I know right, adult decisions are hard! :P

I love pool! I think theres an Ice Hockey table too - which I'm crap at :wink: Do you play either? :smile: I knoww! I reckon it'll be a shock to the system moving out! But I live close to Lpool anyway so I'll probably go home quite often at first! If only for the bath tub! :biggrin:
Reply 17
I love pool! I think theres an Ice Hockey table too - which I'm crap at :wink: Do you play either? :smile: I knoww! I reckon it'll be a shock to the system moving out! But I live close to Lpool anyway so I'll probably go home quite often at first! If only for the bath tub! :biggrin:

Oooh nice! I play pool :smile: I know oh my god but I need to be independent so it'll be good :smile: Hahha that's good!
Oooh nice! I play pool :smile: I know oh my god but I need to be independent so it'll be good :smile: Hahha that's good!

I've applied for Marybone 2!! Have you decided which one you prefer yet? :smile: Yeahh same!! D'you reckon you'll get a job during uni, I think I'll have to as I'm terrible with money hahaa :wink:
Reply 19
I've applied for Marybone 2!! Have you decided which one you prefer yet? :smile: Yeahh same!! D'you reckon you'll get a job during uni, I think I'll have to as I'm terrible with money hahaa :wink:

Ahh! I did aswell but I've just changed it to Liberty Atlantic :frown: Oh god I hope so, actually never had a job in my life because I have anxiety so it's hard, but I hope so!:smile: should be easy to get one :biggrin: Hahha I think I'll be fine with money, just microwave meals everyday is the way to go :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest