The Student Room Group

IAL Mechanics 1 20January exam!

How do you feel about it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And btw - can anyone remind me the task with a block 2kg on the slope?? Was it moving downwards or up?? I don't remember :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Super hardd I couldnt do the moment one I think it was on the point of moving downward
For the moments questions, for part a, did they mention that the normal reaction forces on A and B were equal?

For the question about 2g it was about to slide downwards.
Original post by Faisal1997
For the moments questions, for part a, did they mention that the normal reaction forces on A and B were equal?

For the question about 2g it was about to slide downwards.

No they didnt
I came back home i solved it but i assumed the both Rs are equal and i got x, but thats incorrect since both Rs are unequal, so how do you solve it?
I came back home i solved it but i assumed the both Rs are equal and i got x, but thats incorrect since both Rs are unequal, so how do you solve it?

i think you need to assume that one of the support have no reaction and the other one is at the point of tilting to get the maximum T and X
Reply 7
They didn't

Downwards??? Pretty sure???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I wrote that one of forces is zero so the second is maximum 3w

Are you all serious, it was downwards??? My God..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Panic... I lost 10 marks already when I needed 91% in this particular module so to get an A... That's a big **** fir me if it's downwards... I don't I misread though

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
How did they formulate it exactly there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by innocent98
i think you need to assume that one of the support have no reaction and the other one is at the point of tilting to get the maximum T and X

I dont think they mentioned anything about the rod tilting
Reply 12
They didn't, but it's that very maximum suitable. .I asked my teacher, he said that take if tilting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J2JW
How did they formulate it exactly there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you remind me of the question you're asking about the particle im assuming moving downwards? Cause im not sure of it
Reply 14
Could you remind me of the question you're asking about the particle im assuming moving downwards? Cause im not sure of it

The task where the particle is on the slope, 2 kg, has acceleration of 1.45ms-2, and you need to find X - the force horizontal to the ground

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J2JW
The task where the particle is on the slope, 2 kg, has acceleration of 1.45ms-2, and you need to find X - the force horizontal to the ground

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, yes it was moving up the greatest plane, so Fr is downwards
Reply 16
Ohh, yes it was moving up the greatest plane, so Fr is downwards

I wish it was really true and on the mark scheme..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J2JW
I wish it was really true and on the mark scheme..

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was upward. At first i was i thinking about the one with tension pulling up.
Reply 18
Original post by innocent98
It was upward. At first i was i thinking about the one with tension pulling up.

It's fine :smile:
Yes, it was downwards with tension, they even said it.
does anyone have the mechanics 1 paper? the unofficial mark scheme for c12 came out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending