The Student Room Group

How bad does it affect my chances if I submit late?

I want to get on to an engineering FOUNDATION course at a decent university. Have qualifications which meet the standards for some I can apply for.

Obviously was supposed to apply before the 15th Jan. How bad will it have affected my chances if I apply now? Will I be wasting my money or is it worth it just to be entered in to Clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lewif002
I want to get on to an engineering FOUNDATION course at a decent university. Have qualifications which meet the standards for some I can apply for.

Obviously was supposed to apply before the 15th Jan. How bad will it have affected my chances if I apply now? Will I be wasting my money or is it worth it just to be entered in to Clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's worth it. The cost is trivial compared to that of your education.

Some courses might well be full and therefore might not consider you. Others will still have places. It might well be worth contacting unis in which you are interested to check.
Original post by lewif002

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's only a small amount of money on the chance that a course you are interested in will have spaces. In my experience, most foundation courses are not that competitive, and universities only really offer them to applicants they think are suitable for them. Some universities will offer foundation courses to people who've drastically missed their results- suggesting they may still have spaces available at a later stage.

As you say, the money will also give you access to clearing.
Foundation courses are always oversubscribed and Engineering is a competitive subject.

The best idea at this stage is to wait and apply next year - with known grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending