The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by adampage29
Yeah I had a hub day in ipswch on 28 April. I got an email from them end of May to say they were impressed with me but other candidates performed better but they have kept my application on file.

Hi Adam.

What was the hub day for software or networking
Original post by marks02
Hi Adam.

What was the hub day for software or networking

Software but they told me they would offer me a place on networking if it becomes available I don't mind what as long as get into BT that's the main thing
Software but they told me they would offer me a place on networking if it becomes available I don't mind what as long as get into BT that's the main thing

What did you do in the assessment centre and was there any tests, I'm thinking of applying.
There was about 12 of us and there was three activities you had to do. First one was a group activity where we had to build a bridge out of paper so it could hold a bottle of water it didn't have to work they were just assessing how well you worked in a group. I then did a 10 minute presentation where you have to tell one assessor something you are proud of ie school, sporting achievements etc... I then had a one on one interview where they ask you why you applied what you want to achieve in the future etc.... There was no tests its worth applying as its a great opportunity the one I applied for you get a full degree at the end of the apprenticeship and it's all sponsored by BT )

Thanks mate for the info, I will defiantly be applying as soon as I finish my exams, For the presentation do they tell you in advance to make and present one.
Original post by Audiology-Med
Thanks mate for the info, I will defiantly be applying as soon as I finish my exams, For the presentation do they tell you in advance to make and present one.

Yeah I got an email telling me about it beforehand
Reply 45
Anyone had a response after the assessment centre?
Yeah I got an email telling me about it beforehand

You know for the full degree apprenticeship, do you know what degree it will be
Original post by Audiology-Med
You know for the full degree apprenticeship, do you know what degree it will be

No I don't but im guessing it will be some sort of software degree
Reply 48
Hi all.

I applied for at BT Engineering Apprenticeship at the end of April this year. About a month later I received an email requesting my attendance to a hub day in Watford. This includes what was described above; bridge out of newspaper, presentation and interview. They actually rang me the day after letting me know I had been accepted and at the moment the contract is in the post. If you have any questions I would be happy to help.
Original post by Pumph
Hi all.

I applied for at BT Engineering Apprenticeship at the end of April this year. About a month later I received an email requesting my attendance to a hub day in Watford. This includes what was described above; bridge out of newspaper, presentation and interview. They actually rang me the day after letting me know I had been accepted and at the moment the contract is in the post. If you have any questions I would be happy to help.

Well done mate !!! I'm just hoping another job becomes available soon
Hi
I have applied for the information technology apprenticeship,
just wondering if there is anyone else on here from northern ireland that has been invited to the assessment hub on Tuesday morning??

Also any help with the questions that they ask would be great :smile:
feeling a bit lost as to what say and ask.

i read about a presentation, is this in front of other people or done with the private interview?? also what did people do for theres? like what way did they do it and stuff??

really nervous about this and just don't want to mess it up lol
Original post by ryanC1992
Hi
I have applied for the information technology apprenticeship,
just wondering if there is anyone else on here from northern ireland that has been invited to the assessment hub on Tuesday morning??

Also any help with the questions that they ask would be great :smile:
feeling a bit lost as to what say and ask.

i read about a presentation, is this in front of other people or done with the private interview?? also what did people do for theres? like what way did they do it and stuff??

really nervous about this and just don't want to mess it up lol

Don't be nervous,😊 I was in your shoes a few weeks ago, but we got told they tend to change the interview process ever so often. However wen I did mine, it was a private interview I did, and it's pretty well laid out in the invitation letter u get sent, what you have to talk about and what you need to prepare for. The best advice I can give you is be honest, and do your homework on the company. Through out the day you are made to feel relaxed, go in there and make sure you do the best that u absolutely can.
Original post by justiceleague007
Don't be nervous,😊 I was in your shoes a few weeks ago, but we got told they tend to change the interview process ever so often. However wen I did mine, it was a private interview I did, and it's pretty well laid out in the invitation letter u get sent, what you have to talk about and what you need to prepare for. The best advice I can give you is be honest, and do your homework on the company. Through out the day you are made to feel relaxed, go in there and make sure you do the best that u absolutely can.

thanks lol :smile:
did you do the 5 minute presentation??

this is the type of stuff i struggle at, talking about a time where i had to think through a task or problem to come up with a solution. and the 5 minute presentation.

i get nervous and my mind just goes blank and can't think of anything to talk about then once I'm out of the interview I'm like oh i should of said this and talked more about this lol

this is the type of stuff i struggle at, talking about a time where i had to think through a task or problem to come up with a solution. and the 5 minute presentation.

i get nervous and my mind just goes blank and can't think of anything to talk about then once I'm out of the interview I'm like oh i should of said this and talked more about this lol

Use that nervousness to your advantage, pause before u answer a question, don't take too long. This was an advice my fiancé gave me. And it worked, things I hadn't even planned on saying jus came out. You will do fine.prepare for it, and don't over think it. Remember you can't be too prepared.

I forgot to add...I did go blank once, and I was trying to find my way back, but I got help when he asked me the question again.
I forgot to add...I did go blank once, and I was trying to find my way back, but I got help when he asked me the question again.

I'm starting to note things down and read over about BT and other parts of the company.
did you have to do a 5 minute presentation??
just wondering so i know to make one or not lol
I'm starting to note things down and read over about BT and other parts of the company.
did you have to do a 5 minute presentation??
just wondering so i know to make one or not lol

Ooh yea...:smile: I did, the interview lasted for about an hr. U will get questions related to the presentation also. Cover all yur bases...and good luck
(edited 8 years ago)
Ooh yea...:smile: I did. Cover all yur bases...and good luck

ohh god lol
was it in front of people or 1 to 1 interview?
ohh god lol
was it in front of people or 1 to 1 interview?

It was a private interview.
It was a private interview.

ohh that's not to bad then haha :smile:

fingers crossed I get in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending