The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Overall, by factoring in level of education, employment prospects, accomodation, international prestige and social life, nothing beats the london unis. LSE and UCL hands down.
Reply 21
Original post by MrBowcat
Overall, by factoring in level of education, employment prospects, accomodation, international prestige and social life, nothing beats the london unis. LSE and UCL hands down.

How have you decided that?
100 vs 78
Night life in Oxford or Cambridge is dire.

You may be getting a good degree but you are spending four years of your life there. Just think of that.
Reply 24
Original post by Sam Walters
Night life in Oxford or Cambridge is dire.

You may be getting a good degree but you are spending four years of your life there. Just think of that.

How dire? Did you attend either? :smile:
Original post by Bobbitt
How dire? Did you attend either? :smile:

How dire is all going to be subjective. But normally on nights out I would go to two or three places. The best places in Oxford are on par with the first tosh clubs you would go out to in a big city.

I live in Oxford. I have a fair few friends whom attend Cambridge so I'm there a fair bit.
Reply 26
Original post by Sam Walters
How dire is all going to be subjective. But normally on nights out I would go to two or three places. The best places in Oxford are on par with the first tosh clubs you would go out to in a big city.

I live in Oxford. I have a fair few friends whom attend Cambridge so I'm there a fair bit.

Not just going for the nightlife tbh, but yeah.

What's it like in Cambridge?
In terms of "prestige" among non-academics, the difference is quite large. A several hundred years head-start will do that.

Regarding "prestige" among academics and professionals? Whether you choose Oxbridge over the top London universities (UCL, LSE, Imperial and maybe Kings) is largely irrelevant. That's why the term "golden triangle" is used.

Even if one is keen on arguing for a marginal difference in terms of undergraduate degrees, it becomes nonexistent by post-grad level.
Original post by Lady Comstock
Harvard, darling.

Stay on your side of the pond.

Spoiler

Latest