The Student Room Group

Need to edit a powerpoint, but don't have the program?

How should I edit a powerpoint if I don't actually have powerpoint on my computer? (its gotta be done by tomorrow, so purchasing it isn't an option)
Reply 1
Upload it to Google drive and edit it using Slides (online app by google)
Obviously things are very limited and layout can get distorted but you can still edit the text etc.
Download Libreoffice and use that.
Reply 3
Original post by C0balt
Upload it to Google drive and edit it using Slides (online app by google)
Obviously things are very limited and layout can get distorted but you can still edit the text etc.

Ok thanks i'll try that :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Green_Pink
Download Libreoffice and use that.

thanks, i'll see if that works
Reply 5
Original post by ks96
Ok thanks i'll try that :smile:

There's also open office (free office software) but it takes a while to download so if it's urgent it's better to stick to online one like the google one I suggested
Reply 6
If you use LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org to edit it, save the final presentation as a .PDF as well and use the PDF.

M$ PowerPoint is notorious for not being able to properly show presentations saved in different versions of PowerPoint. LibreOffice and oo.o sometimes both do a better job of displaying PowerPoint files than PowerPoint itself does, so you might get the impression it will work and when you get there, it doesn't.

By saving it as a .PDF, you can be confident it will look how you want.
PowerPoint Online is probably the easiest way to do this, no need to download any software and it's completely free.

http://office.live.com
Do you have a Microsoft account? Then you could upload it to your OneDrive, then access OneDrive via your browser and edit them.

Be careful to really only make minor changes, I once made an entire presentation on OneDrive because my free PowerPoint trial had expired and Microsoft blocked my entire account after a few days of working which kept me from even logging into my emails.

But if you really just make a few changes it shouldn't be a problem at all. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest