The Student Room Group

Primary Education course

I have just received an offer from Derby for Education Studies however I applied to Primary Education, has this happened to anyone else?
Reply 1
They may have cancelled the course and put you on the next "best thing" that happened to people doing primary education course at my uni. Get in contact with them 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ycs93
They may have cancelled the course and put you on the next "best thing" that happened to people doing primary education course at my uni. Get in contact with them ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I checked UCAS and the Primary Education course is on there however its not on Uni of Derby's website. I'm so gutted :frown: it was my first choice!
Reply 3
Original post by nxx27
I checked UCAS and the Primary Education course is on there however its not on Uni of Derby's website. I'm so gutted :frown: it was my first choice!

That sucks! They've cancelled the PGCE at a lot of unis too so that could be part of it? Hope you find somewhere good though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ycs93
That sucks! They've cancelled the PGCE at a lot of unis too so that could be part of it? Hope you find somewhere good though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to get in touch with them tomorrow! Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Hello, did you hear back from Derby about the primary education course? I have had an email inviting me for an interview on 25th Feb and its says primary education on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ive got an offer for primary education course

Posted from TSR Mobile
This also happened to me but with Gloucester. This is because they didnt think i was suitable for the Primary ed course. To me i think the Ed studies is a better course seeing that it will give you a more versatile degree at the end and not one that is locked to just one job.

It has been said already, but you can do a PGCE after the Ed studies, and from the email that glos sent me offering me a place on the ed studies, (apparently) employers like the PGCE route more than the primary ed route and plus it gives you more flexability on what you go into after.

While i was speaking to the ed studies at glos, he said that many come into the course wanting to teach, but at the end quite a few of those decide against it and go into something completely different. You will also look at what education is across the spectrum not just what the national curiculm entitles and how to teach it. Plus the uni has more input on what they teach and dont, whereas the primary ed has lots of stuff that needs to be taught so the unis dont have as much say in the course.

Rambled on a bit but hope this has helped in away, shape or form.
Reply 8
Hiya I applied there and got a place too, I had the same problem I got in contact and they said it's the same course so don't worry

Quick Reply

Latest