The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The equivalent for young boys is football. Pretty much every boy in my year at primary school supported a football team and played football at/after school. Fast forward to the end of secondary school and half of them (after least) were no longer interested at all. Just part of acceptance in a group... I'm sure plenty of the '1D' gang now will, in a few years, buy their first Nirvana or Guns N' Roses t-shirt... when it suddenly becomes cooler to be a bit different to everyone else instead of fitting in.
Definitely what seemed to happen when I was at school anyway!
Because they look pretty and sing about love and flowers and all that ****.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
That's interesting but don't young boys want to escape reality, too? Where are all the boys wearing pussycat dolls merchandise?

The model doesn't talk about specifically girls, just parasocial relationships in general, I know this thread is about girls but that's a general model
Just look at what's trending on twitter at the moment, it's genuinely almost scary. I'm not as devoted to people who actually write their own songs and lyrics and whose music has any semblance of a deeper meaning.
then how would you be born then! and guys are crazy and wrong watch the news there all murderers
Closed due to age :smile:

Latest