The Student Room Group

***Official Grow your Grades Entry Thread***

:woo: Introducing TSR's new Grow your Grades Competition!! :woo:

Please keep this thread just for entries, head over to our discussion thread for chat

Need some motivation to get your grades where you want? For our brand new study help transformation competition, we're asking you whether there's one subject (or module if you're at uni) that you want to improve on.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Keep us all updated about how you're progressing in that subject through your blog and share with the TSR community your high and low points, strategies for success, latest assessments, and get help and feedback!

Why should I enter?

Our Study Help team will be on hand to give you hints and tips on how to improve, along with help and motivation from the rest of TSR

Improve on your weakest subject to prepare for your exams

Share your experiences and gain advice from other participants

Plus on top of improving your grades, there's going to be great prizes for the entrants that...

Make the biggest change in their grades

Keep the best blog

Overcame the biggest hurdle

How to enter:

The closing date for entries is 9th February 2015

Reply to this thread to express your interest (remember to mention your goals!) :dumbells:

Email Puddles the Monkey a picture/proof of your current grades- she will then verify this to everyone else (so you don't have to post your details publicly).

Set up your blog here

The competition ends on GCSE Results day 2015

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Useful resources on TSR which can help you:
Study Help Forums
Study Planner
A* at A-Level Question Thread
Beating Stress at College

If you want to improve your grades and have the chance to win great prizes, then enter here and start your blog!

Linked image copyright Matt Biddulph.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Uh ... Hi ... :smile:

There are definitely four things I'm going to try and achieve, and they are:

- A*s in History and English Lit
- At least an A in Drama and Spanish (I'm praying my coursework and practical go well for the former *crosses fingers*)
- Not a B in Science and Maths. I'll definitely be happy if I do end up achieving a B, but I feel as though I can definitely do so much better
- Not a fail in DIDA. Because DIDA can be irritating like that >_<

And I guess that's it :smile: Also, one question - how do I email Puddles? :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LeFeuilly
Uh ... Hi ... :smile:

There are definitely three things I'm going to try and achieve, and they are:

- A*s in History and English Lit
- At least an A in Drama and Spanish (I'm praying my coursework and practical go well for the former *crosses fingers*)
- Not a B in Science and Maths. I'll definitely be happy if I do end up achieving a B, but I feel as though I can definitely do so much better
- Not a fail in DIDA. Because DIDA can be irritating like that >_<

And I guess that's it :smile: Also, one question - how do I email Puddles? :/

:woo: It's awesome that you want to enter! :rave: These sound like great goals. :smile: :yy: I'll send you a PM now :smile:

In the meantime there's a discussion thread here, and you can set up a blog if you like in the main Grow your Grades forum :h: :yy:

:banana:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:woo: It's awesome that you want to enter! :rave: These sound like great goals. :smile: :yy: I'll send you a PM now :smile:

In the meantime there's a discussion thread here, and you can set up a blog if you like in the main Grow your Grades forum :h: :yy:

:banana:

I would love to get:
A* in biology and chemistry and an A in physics, i messed up badly at AS and got CDD, im resitting all the exams as well. Pls Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello guys! (:
I am most definitely motivated to improve my grades, I am angry at myself because I know if I try harder I can do better. And it's always better to find a solution than sit and cry about a grade. :blushing:
I am currently doing IB,
My subjects and what I hope to get are as follows:
Physics HL 6
Maths HL 7
Chemistry HL 7
English A SL 7
Business SL 6
Arabic B SL 7
TOK A
EE B
This is me being positive because I do believe that if you try to reach the stars and fell you will still land on the clouds and how amazing would it be if you reached the stars. (':

Do I get a PM too? ^_^
Original post by Ram Charan
I would love to get:
A* in biology and chemistry and an A in physics, i messed up badly at AS and got CDD, im resitting all the exams as well. Pls Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original post by girlypianist
Hello guys! (:
I am most definitely motivated to improve my grades, I am angry at myself because I know if I try harder I can do better. And it's always better to find a solution than sit and cry about a grade. :blushing:
I am currently doing IB,
My subjects and what I hope to get are as follows:
Physics HL 6
Maths HL 7
Chemistry HL 7
English A SL 7
Business SL 6
Arabic B SL 7
TOK A
EE B
This is me being positive because I do believe that if you try to reach the stars and fell you will still land on the clouds and how amazing would it be if you reached the stars. (':

Do I get a PM too? ^_^

:banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

I'm messaging you both now :h: :woo:
Sounds like the perfect kick up the backside that I need :colondollar:.

My goal:

* An overall score of 85+ for my philosophy module. I managed it last year, but because of circumstances, my grades have taken a nosedive. My essay scores so far are 83 and 77. With an essay and a presentation due on the 5th of February, and me being way behind on everything, I need to get my act together!
Original post by Kittiara
Sounds like the perfect kick up the backside that I need :colondollar:.

My goal:

* An overall score of 85+ for my philosophy module. I managed it last year, but because of circumstances, my grades have taken a nosedive. My essay scores so far are 83 and 77. With an essay and a presentation due on the 5th of February, and me being way behind on everything, I need to get my act together!

:woo:

I'll PM you now :banana:

:bl:
Reply 9
Defo entering
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by YounesB
I'm interested but I got pretty good grades on my last report?

Does this mean I can still enter?

Anyone can enter! :woo: The more the merrier! :banana:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:woo:

I'll PM you now :banana:

:bl:

Thanks! I set up my blog - linkie. :smile:
This sounds like a really good idea and since I could use a little extra push to get my grades for university, I would love to take part

My goals are:
I want to meet my ABB Grades for Newcastle University however I want to get:

A*/A A2 Biology (C in AS but i'm resitting a few modules)- I'm only required to get a B or above but I want to push myself!
A A2 ICT (B in AS) - Currently my best grades wise I just want to push it to get the A
B A2 Maths (D in AS)- I didn't do too well last year so this is my biggest goal

These are huge goals and honestly I only need the ABB to get in but I want to know I did the very best I could at A-levels :excited:
Original post by radpanda
This sounds like a really good idea and since I could use a little extra push to get my grades for university, I would love to take part

My goals are:

A*/A A2 Biology (C in AS but i'm resitting a few modules)- I'm only required to get a B or above but I want to push myself!
A A2 ICT (B in AS) - Currently my best grades wise I just want to push it to get the A

These are huge goals and honestly I only need the ABB to get in but I want to know I did the very best I could at A-levels :excited:

Amazing! :banana2:

These are lovely goals :smile: :yy: I'll PM you now :woo:

What subject are you applying for at uni? :h:
Original post by radpanda

My goals are:

Not participating in this competition because I like to keep my real goals private.
Anyway, make sure you HMU if you've any questions on ICT or Maths. I got AA at AS in those subjects and I'm fairly confident I can help you out, especially with the Maths (AS and A2) or the ICT (AS).
Let's do this!

Goals:

Advanced Higher Physics: A (A band 1/over 85%) need to, at least, get an A

Advanced Higher Maths: A (sitting at a B right now)

Advanced Higher French: B (need a lot of motivation for this! Have 2 essays to write, my French writing is atrocious and the reading analysis questions are hellish) - Help. Me.

Higher Computing: A (easy A, expecting A band)

I need to get ABB in my AH subjects to get into Nottingham.
Original post by Princepieman
Let's do this!

Goals:

Advanced Higher Physics: A (A band 1/over 85%) need to, at least, get an A

Advanced Higher Maths: A (sitting at a B right now)

Advanced Higher French: B (need a lot of motivation for this! Have 2 essays to write, my French writing is atrocious and the reading analysis questions are hellish) - Help. Me.

Higher Computing: A (easy A, expecting A band)

I need to get ABB in my AH subjects to get into Nottingham.

Awesome! Hopefully with this forum you'll be able to achieve these goals! Nottingham was one of the unis I actually applied for!

Please PM Puddles the Monkey with proof of current grades for verification!, and in the meantime, you can set up your own blog here!
Original post by mobbsy91
Awesome! Hopefully with this forum you'll be able to achieve these goals! Nottingham was one of the unis I actually applied for!

Please PM Puddles the Monkey with proof of current grades for verification!, and in the meantime, you can set up your own blog here!

Hopefully!

Ah, where did you end up attending then?

Sure thing, I'll do it when I get home. :smile:
Original post by Princepieman
Hopefully!

Ah, where did you end up attending then?

Sure thing, I'll do it when I get home. :smile:

I'm in my final year of school still - but the offer I received for Nottingham is higher than my grades will be so I'm definitely not going! Will either be going to UEA or Southampton now!
Original post by mobbsy91
I'm in my final year of school still - but the offer I received for Nottingham is higher than my grades will be so I'm definitely not going! Will either be going to UEA or Southampton now!

Fair enough, I wish you the best of luck!