The Student Room Group

What is the minimum age to work as a retail assistant at Farmfoods?

Hi All

As per the title, What is the minimum age to work at Farmfoods as a retail assistant?

All answers would be great cheers or any advice, as I am 15, and considering getting a weekend retail job.

Many thanks :smile:
I suspect 16 for the chain stores
Despite legally it being ok, they like you to be of "school leaving age" ie after 1st June on the year you finish year 11

so at least 16 with a NI number
Reply 3
Thanks for the answer, I may consider applying and see what happens.

Still open to all answers and advice. :smile:

Many thanks.
Reply 4
I have just realised, that I should probably be OK to apply, as Farm foods do not sell alcohol/tobacco/lottery etc..

Still open to answers :smile:

Thanks
Original post by Ace C
I have just realised, that I should probably be OK to apply, as Farm foods do not sell alcohol/tobacco/lottery etc..

Still open to answers :smile:

Thanks

It's more of a being able to be paid issue, I think.
Reply 6
Original post by Dusky Mauve
It's more of a being able to be paid issue, I think.

What do you mean sorry? Are you on about them paying me at my age, they decide the wage etc..

It should be ok for them to pay me though as I have a bank account.

I may apply..

Original post by Ace C
What do you mean sorry? Are you on about them paying me at my age, they decide the wage etc..

It should be ok for them to pay me though as I have a bank account.

I may apply..

I mean I'm not sure if they're allowed to pay you through your bank account and NI number until you're of school leaving age. I could be wrong though.

There could also be insurance reasons why they may not employ you, but by all means give it a go, the worst they can say is no :smile:
Reply 8
Thanks all for the replies, I HAVE A CONCLUSION:

FARMFOODS ONLY EMPLOY OVER 16S! FOUND OUT BY EMAILING CUSTOMER SERVICES..

:frown: THANKS All

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending