The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Dajoruna

3. Personally I think the first Q will be asking you to weigh up the impacts of Cliffe, 2nd Q might be regarding Thames Gateway Development and there is room for a 3rd possible part revolving around the alternative airport off the coast.

i very much doubt that

mainly due to the fact that Sue Warne said that this time there are likely to be more shorter questions. your 3 qus also do not include any ''sustainability'' aspects and ''fieldwork'' . these are two areas sue warne strongly suggessted that MIGHT come up
Reply 41
Hey!

I'm trying to divide arguments/impacts for and against:

a) Cliffe airport
b) Thames Gateway Development
c) Marianairport

into National, Regional and Local!!!

I'm finding it really hard!!
Has anyone got any tips or notes???

HELP!!!

I'm really freaking out with this paper!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 42
You guys have probably already heard this till your blue in the face but I belive as a fellow student taking this paper in a couple of weeks that you we need to tackle the core issues on three scales - national/local/regional and looking in particular at SEEP - Social/Environmental/Economic/political issues. If any teachers joining this forum can add any more fundamental fra,eworks for note making pleae do. HOPE THAT HELPS YOU (in particular red) :smile:
Reply 43
I have just been reading the previous replys in this forum and I wondered if you could please send me all the information that you sent the others as soon as is convenient to you!
My email is [email protected]

I am eagerly anticipating the information,

regards

jack
Has Anyone Actually Done A Table With Social , Econoic And Environmental Impatcs On ?? If So Could You Please Share It With Every1 As I Am Sure I Am Not The Only Person Requiring Some Help
Reply 45
For the national/regional/local table stuff do you do it for

a)Cliffe
c) Marianairport

or just do one????????????????

HELP
Reply 46
Red
For the national/regional/local table stuff do you do it for

a)Cliffe
c) Marianairport

or just do one????????????????

HELP

for cliffe i did national/regional/local
and marianairport - pros/cons
Reply 47
has anyone got a list of disadvantages for the MARINAIR proposal? or ne useful links? thanx
Reply 48
Fieldwork wasn't mentioned when I heard the extremely pompous Sue Warne speak. I reckon sustainability will feature more heavily on the Global Challenge paper so doubt the synoptic will be focused particularly heavy on that aspect.
Reply 49
jag_jatt
has anyone got a list of disadvantages for the MARINAIR proposal? or ne useful links? thanx

Quite easy to come up with a list yourself by just reading through the last page.
Reply 50
Shell has kindly passed these on as possible additions to the websites list

http://www.medway-rspb.pwp.blueyond...ffe_airport.htm - this will help with figure 10 in the reasources
http://www.medway.gov.uk/index/coun...aigns/5007.html
www.bbc.co.uk/kent/news/features/cliffe.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/have_your...ws/cliffe.shtml - 101k - this one is good as you have that opinon page figure 7
Reply 51
Dajoruna
Fieldwork wasn't mentioned when I heard the extremely pompous Sue Warne speak. I reckon sustainability will feature more heavily on the Global Challenge paper so doubt the synoptic will be focused particularly heavy on that aspect.

She can be rather supercilious at times, but if you went to one of her talks on the Issues analysis then hints that she gave could be VERY helpful. See if you can think of any others and post them on here, please!
I agree that sustainability is a key aspect for your syllabus, but.... setting up a research investigation strikes me as something you ALL have done as part of the AS and therefore should be able to do as well (so its a good idea to think of an environmental impact and also a social impact investigation - what key questions you should ask, how would you sample, what methods might you use etc)
Reply 52
Dajoruna
Quite easy to come up with a list yourself by just reading through the last page.

thanx - but there didnt seem to be any advantages / disadvantages for the Marinair proposal.... oh well never mind :rolleyes:
Reply 53
Has anyone got any information on techniques, such as scaling, weighting, and matrices, because I have none, and want to make sure I'm doing the techniques correctly, because isn't that a key part? Can questions be based on: construct a matrix to show such and such, or does it not work like that... I'm a lil confused :confused:
Reply 54
Jag Jatt, tomorrow morning I'll post a list of pros/cons I concluded from the last page :smile:
Reply 55
Hi everyone!

I've just started goin through the Cliffe pre release too.

Im a bit stuck on ideas :confused:

Is there any chance I could have a copy of the materials that have been mentioned throughout this thread?

My email address is [email protected]

Reply 56
bumping this up ... I will be replying to those who have pm.ed me and asked on this thread for details, a bit later on this evening!
Reply 57
Hey,

In the exam, can you write about things that you have through research (eg quotes off websites) or do you just have to talk about the resources given????

Has anyone got an example of how they have divided impacts etc into National, Regional and Local categories???

:smile:
Reply 58
Dajoruna
Jag Jatt, tomorrow morning I'll post a list of pros/cons I concluded from the last page :smile:

:rolleyes:
Reply 59
Red
Hey,

In the exam, can you write about things that you have through research (eg quotes off websites) or do you just have to talk about the resources given????

Has anyone got an example of how they have divided impacts etc into National, Regional and Local categories???

:smile:

Concentrate mainly on the resources given BUT it is a Synoptic rather than a DME and thus you are expected to have a wider theoretical knowledge and also be able to cite circumstances elsewhere which might be relevant to your argument for this one

Latest

Trending

Trending