The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ethereal
You can't have an EU with a constitution which is fully adopted by some, partly adopted by others, and not adopted by others

See, what's all you had to say.
Reply 41
ellewoods
See, what's all you had to say.

again, bah!! :p:
Ethereal
EU at Hull marked down people who didn't come to the conclusion the lecturers wanted. It didn't matter how well you backed up your arguments, and how well you defeated opposing arguments, if you didn't kiss the EUs arse and say it was the best invention Mankind ever came up with you got a **** mark.

I actually thought this is what happened in Human Rights and not EU. Looks like I struck it lucky because half the time I fell asleep and was not listening. My folder is totally piss for that subject. Just lines, dots, swrils and spellos because I could not be bothered to make the effort of including every letter in a word because they were making me feel so tired.

They wanted a lot of independant reading though and references to a very, very broad range of sources. I did really like the EU lecturers because they marked the tutorial work carefully and if they could see you had worked well, they had so much time for u.:p: :p:
Reply 43
LauraWalker
I actually thought this is what happened in Human Rights and not EU. Looks like I struck it lucky because half the time I fell asleep and was not listening. My folder is totally piss for that subject. Just lines, dots, swrils and spellos because I could not be bothered to make the effort of including every letter in a word because they were making me feel so tired.

They wanted a lot of independant reading though and references to a very, very broad range of sources. I did really like the EU lecturers because they marked the tutorial work carefully and if they could see you had worked well, they had so much time for u.:p: :p:

LMAO. All I can say to you is KGB
I see your point Ethereal, I assume you are referring to the exemptions enjoyed by some countries to certain points?

As for the constitution ... I assume if it ever does succeed, every state will unequivocally accept it. If it were to be accepted as you say, then it wouldn't even be a bloody constitution, what a stupid question!
Reply 45
Lewis-HuStuJCR
I see your point Ethereal, I assume you are referring to the exemptions enjoyed by some countries to certain points?

As for the constitution ... I assume if it ever does succeed, every state will unequivocally accept it. If it were to be accepted as you say, then it wouldn't even be a bloody constitution, what a stupid question!

Exactly what I thought at the time! The other huge problem I had with our EU course was the use of the phrase "when the constitution is in place ...." some of us students said it would fail, and at least one of the lecturers was not amused. Looks like we were right though eh?
Yeah you were. I studied it last year (so a year after you, right?) and we never even got asked anything about the constitution!! haha Shows how focus changes lol. They gave us the text, told us to be aware of it, use it's failure where appropriate in essays but that it wasn't overly important, and to forget it! Sounds like you guys got drilled on it... OWNED!
Reply 47
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Yeah you were. I studied it last year (so a year after you, right?) and we never even got asked anything about the constitution!! haha Shows how focus changes lol. They gave us the text, told us to be aware of it, use it's failure where appropriate in essays but that it wasn't overly important, and to forget it! Sounds like you guys got drilled on it... OWNED!

lol ;upyours;
Nice smile..... I LIKE, HIGH 5 (Borat style ... I can't wait to see his highly inappropriate movie!)
Lewis-HuStuJCR

I studied EU last year and our coursework for that module was an essay about the effect on the UK and its citizens if the constitutional treaty failed to be ratified. I actually really enjoyed it. :redface:
Effect if it failed to be ratified ... ermmmmm hold on, nothing it would be the same as it is? How easy is that!
Reply 51
I can't narrow it down! I've disliked loads of it!

Constitutional and admin
Contract
EU
Land
Equity and trusts

I've hated them all!

I've now found criminal though. Which I love!
Ethereal
LMAO. All I can say to you is KGB

I am her number one fan!! Honestly. "hotwires a car and drives to Sheffield to get Ethereal" :p: :p: :p: :p: :p: :p: :p:

Was on study leave
Reply 53
Someone please tell me they hate Roman law as much as I do?
:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

FOR ETHEREAL

Craperzena, Craperzena. Oi, Oi, Oi, Craperzena.

Laura screams, Laura hides, Laura virtually dies.

Craperzena, Craperzena, Oi, Oi, Oi

Hessle and Selby are so very near, so despite her mistakes do not fear.

EU SUCKS

Best subject jurisprudence with Bev cos she loves Law's Empire xxx

:ssaw:

Dworkin/Hart
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Effect if it failed to be ratified ... ermmmmm hold on, nothing it would be the same as it is? How easy is that!

The way the question was phrased basically meant that we had to talk about the positive effects of its ratification and therefore the negatives that would result from the lack of ratification.
I kinda guessed that, that was be being overly simplistic thre is no way they would set that kind of question! From what i've seen the treaty actually makes realtively few changes anyway, so that's probably why it was rejected. The changes it does make are in wording, which will just save to add confusion. I believe it was more lenient on standing to judicial review though, which may have caused problems for "floodgates" etc.
Lewis-HuStuJCR
I kinda guessed that, that was be being overly simplistic thre is no way they would set that kind of question! From what i've seen the treaty actually makes realtively few changes anyway, so that's probably why it was rejected. The changes it does make are in wording, which will just save to add confusion. I believe it was more lenient on standing to judicial review though, which may have caused problems for "floodgates" etc.

That's the irony, really - people are against it because of the word 'constitution' and the huge changes they assume it would bring, when actually it does relatively little other than simplify the big mess of amending treaties!
I think that was why people voted agianst it in France, Holland etc ... they don't like the idea of a supranational constitution, if they just called it Treaty it would have been fine as that's all it is. The increase in JR though, I think they should axe that ... the present test is restrictive which is good.
Law's Empire
:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

FOR ETHEREAL

Craperzena, Craperzena. Oi, Oi, Oi, Craperzena.

Laura screams, Laura hides, Laura virtually dies.

Craperzena, Craperzena, Oi, Oi, Oi

Hessle and Selby are so very near, so despite her mistakes do not fear.

EU SUCKS

Best subject jurisprudence with Bev cos she loves Law's Empire xxx

:ssaw:

Dworkin/Hart

I have not met the Oxford version yet. Let us pray there is not one :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending