The Student Room Group

UCAS Track Bug?

I woke up & checked my emails to find one of the universities I've applied for have offered me a place, there isn't any messages from UCAS themselves but the university (Staffordshire) sent me one saying that the status on my UCAS track has been updated, but it hasn't. I'm able to log into the universities own application portal and it says I've got a conditional offer there, but it also says to check UCAS track for full details, which nothing on there has changed.

Is this just a bug within UCAS Track that it doesn't get updated immediately? (got the email 2 hours before posting) Or should I call the university and ask them because it's a fault in what they've done?

Original post by McEEwan
I woke up & checked my emails to find one of the universities I've applied for have offered me a place, there isn't any messages from UCAS themselves but the university (Staffordshire) sent me one saying that the status on my UCAS track has been updated, but it hasn't. I'm able to log into the universities own application portal and it says I've got a conditional offer there, but it also says to check UCAS track for full details, which nothing on there has changed.

Is this just a bug within UCAS Track that it doesn't get updated immediately? (got the email 2 hours before posting) Or should I call the university and ask them because it's a fault in what they've done?

It can take up to 48 hours for an offer on a universities own system to be sent through to UCAS. Once it is sent through it should show on Track instantly but not all universities send updates to UCAS regularly.
I also recieved a conditional offer from Stafforshire university and it took around an hour or two for it to appear on the UCAS tracking system.
I have a feeling it may be related to the vast amount of applicants they must be dealing with right now, if it does not appear within 48 hours I would contact the UCAS helpline (which can be found on the website) just to ensure that everything is okay.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
It can take up to 48 hours for an offer on a universities own system to be sent through to UCAS. Once it is sent through it should show on Track instantly but not all universities send updates to UCAS regularly.

Thanks 😊

Original post by PrincessAlex
I also recieved a conditional offer from Stafforshire university and it took around an hour or two for it to appear on the UCAS tracking system.
I have a feeling it may be related to the vast amount of applicants they must be dealing with right now, if it does not appear within 48 hours I would contact the UCAS helpline (which can be found on the website) just to ensure that everything is okay.

Okay, thankyou :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincessAlex

UCAS have dealt with the applications that came through by the deadline. That shouldn't cause any delays now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending