The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath - still no response??

Hiya,

I applied for two Psychology courses at Bath Uni in early October, as well as applying to Kent, Nottingham, and Plymouth. I had an email to confirm that they'd received both applications, and that they mightn't be able to respond to some applicants until after the UCAS deadline - 15th January.

It might seem really impatient, but I've had offers from the other three unis, but Bath is my first choice. I'm just worried that they don't want me and that's why they're taking so long to respond - I know that other people have offers.

Just wondering if anybody else is in the same situation, or has been and has any advice over how to rid themselves of the waiting anxiety!

Thanks,
Leigh.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry, there's still loads of time for them to reply. It depends on the department at that uni as well even more than the uni itself usually. If they've said they might respond to some applicants till after the deadline, then it's definitely possible they've just been waiting till the deadline for a lot of candidates to compare them fairly. So it's only really been a week since they've started. Though Bath were the first to give me my offer, extraordinarily quickly (90 minutes after they said they'd received it!) but this was for Comp Sci which will have its own department. Also, they'll have been flooded with applicants close to the final date so there will be a huge lot to go through (29th Sept), whereas when I'd applied they'd have had very few to consider. The best way to rid yourself of UCAS anxiety is to distract yourself. I found watching funny TV shows etc. is the best way for me as I can just switch my brain off.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
If it makes you feel any better, I applied for biomed on 20th October and have still not had a response! In the exact same situation
Reply 3
If I recall correctly I waited around 3 months for an offer from Bath - don't worry about it
Reply 4
Thanks to you all :smile: I might be overthinking it but I am just so anxious about it :frown:
Hi,

I've moved this thread to the University of Bath sub-forum. As you're asking a specific question about offers at this uni, your thread fits better here, and it's more likely to be seen by others in the same situation.

I hope you get the offer you want :smile:
Hi,

There is no need to worry if you haven't received an offer yet from the University of Bath!

Admissions are very busy as they receive thousands of applications and it takes a lot of time to process all of these and you may not here for a while as a result. They will do their best to let you know as soon as possible, and will definitely have responded by the time it comes to deadlines for universities to make offers on 31st March.

Hope this helps, feel free to quote me with any other questions.

Sam
Reply 7
I had waited 4 months and have today received an offer for architecture, yes, it has been frustrating waiting so long, but have now forgiven them for the long wait !
I am still waiting as well. I have come to terms though that I might not hear back until the end of March. Bath is definitely in my Top 2 if all 5 of my choices give me an offer.
Still waiting for Bath too! Applied on 27th November for Economics :/
I can confirm that there is a backlog of applications in the Admissions Office but they are working their way through them.
I am going up to Bath on Friday to have a look at the Sports Village and hopefully the Maths Dept and some accommodation.
Reply 11
Still waiting, guys. I'm sloooowly accepting that I'm not going to get a response any time soon; I hate to seem all needy and impatient but I'm guessing there's tons of us feeling the same!!

Thank you all for your responses; let me know if you get a response!!
Original post by leighsimons
Still waiting, guys. I'm sloooowly accepting that I'm not going to get a response any time soon; I hate to seem all needy and impatient but I'm guessing there's tons of us feeling the same!!

Thank you all for your responses; let me know if you get a response!!

Bath is experiencing a massive increase in the number of applications they received so it is taking more time to process.
I do know what you mean though.
Original post by krish1234
Still waiting for Bath too! Applied on 27th November for Economics :/

ive applied for the same course on the same day still no reply either
Hiya,

I applied for two Psychology courses at Bath Uni in early October, as well as applying to Kent, Nottingham, and Plymouth. I had an email to confirm that they'd received both applications, and that they mightn't be able to respond to some applicants until after the UCAS deadline - 15th January.

It might seem really impatient, but I've had offers from the other three unis, but Bath is my first choice. I'm just worried that they don't want me and that's why they're taking so long to respond - I know that other people have offers.

Just wondering if anybody else is in the same situation, or has been and has any advice over how to rid themselves of the waiting anxiety!

Thanks,
Leigh.

Hey there! I also applied to the Psychology course and I did it around the same time as you! I check my email everyday when I get home :frown: have you heard back yet?? At this point I just want to get a response...
Reply 15
Still no response, and my friend applying for same course hasn't had one either. Same here; I just want a response so I can make firmer plans rather than not being able to really get excited or motivated.
Still no response, and my friend applying for same course hasn't had one either. Same here; I just want a response so I can make firmer plans rather than not being able to really get excited or motivated.

EXACTLY!! Do you happen to know whens the latest they have to reply? I feel like if I don't firm a uni soon, all accommodations will be filled or something :s-smilie:
Original post by valeriayuen
EXACTLY!! Do you happen to know whens the latest they have to reply? I feel like if I don't firm a uni soon, all accommodations will be filled or something :s-smilie:

31st March is the latest any university can reply, I think, so you'll probably hear within the next few weeks - good luck!
Original post by Bude8
31st March is the latest any university can reply, I think, so you'll probably hear within the next few weeks - good luck!

Thank you! :smile: Hopefully it's good news!! but either way, I'll at least get a reply ahahah
Original post by valeriayuen

Hi guys,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you all! Admissions are inundated with offers and the process can take a while, but they will have replied either way by 31st March which is the deadline to give offers.

Accommodation applications don't begin until 13th April this year, so there is no need to worry about that.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Sam

Quick Reply

Latest