The Student Room Group

Am I on track with these mock results?

Hi! I am an external student self teaching A level maths, chem and physics.
I just did four mock papers in maths, random order as I only had these three available:
Core 1 - 97%
Core 2 - 85%
Mechanics 1 90%
Mechanics 2 - 70%

I have only just done the mechanics 2 which is why I decided to give that a whirl but I am not happy about the score. Do you think there will be time to still get an A, I am only just finishing Core 3 and haven't started Core 4 yet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Hexaneandheels
I just did three mock papers in maths, random order as I only had these three available:
Core 1 - 97%
Core 2 - 85%
Mechanics 1 90%
Mechanics 2 - 70%

I have only just done the mechanics 2 which is why I decided to give that a whirl but I am not happy about the score. Do you think there will be time to still get an A, I am only just finishing Core 3 and haven't started Core 4 yet.

I know somebody which did these modules started after Xmas and did these exams in June achieving 94% average.

He had no full time job or commitments and worked solid for 5 months.

So it is possible ...
Original post by Hexaneandheels
I just did four mock papers in maths, random order as I only had these three available:
Core 1 - 97%
Core 2 - 85%
Mechanics 1 90%
Mechanics 2 - 70%

Yeah you're fine. You're at B and above, you'll easily increase that to an A by summer. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest