The Student Room Group

Edexcel Italian AS 2015

So basically I'm sitting the Edexcel Italian AS this summer, and since my school doesn't offer it I'm preparing for it at home with my mum.
I am half-italian and have already done the GCSE and got an A*.
I can speak fluently, however I am quite hesitant and I need to improve my grammar a bit and learn more vocab. My listening and reading abilities are good. I am kind of worried about the oral and writing exam though, as I don't really know what is expected of me at AS-level or how the oral/writing is marked and I really want to get an A.
I was wondering whether anyone has done (or is doing) the Edexcel Italian AS and if they could give me some tips on how to achieve the highest mark in the oral and writing as I have no help from anyone who knows the course well or teaches it.
Thank you
Reply 1
I have the same problem with Chinese As. Practically no resources out there.

If you are in the UK, have you tried googling for 'edexcel A Level Italian tutors'? It doesn't mean you need to commit to tuition but many tutors charge by the hour or lesson so it might be helpful to engage one, even if just through skype, for 1 or 2 sessions to get them to explain the format and what is expected of you.

Also, I read the latest updates on languages with Edexcel and it seems that apart from Chinese, the other languages don't have changes to them so it might be helpful looking through the threads of other languages to give you an idea of what is expected?
Reply 2
Hi we have the same problem- home prep as the school doesn't teach Italian. But just starting...how did you get on with your AS and do you have any advice?
Reply 3
hi guys ..i have the same problem ,, im doing as this summer but i have to prepare it by myself ,,can you tell me if i have to prepare an film or a literacy test ,,and what kind of film can i prepare on .... please can anybody help me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending