The Student Room Group

Uni making me ill

I am really not enjoying my course at all. I've never been so anxious and depressed in my entire life. I can't sleep or eat because I'm so stressed with it. I want to switch to History at the start of next year but it's oversubscribed and it's passed the UCAS deadline so I don't know what to do. If I drop out then I'll have to take another gap year (I already did one after A-levels) and so I'll be 24 by the time I graduate. All my friends from sixth form will have graduated at 21 and I would have wasted the past three years. I love the uni itself and the location, and the thought of having to go back home is horrible. I'm going to see a counsellor next week but I don't know what they'll do. I wish I could just enjoy this course and get on with it. I really don't know what to do, advice?
Speak to your personal tutor (or whatever they call them at your university). No universities want students to drop out so you just need to find someone who can help you switch courses to something you like more. Otherwise I would suggest doing lots of other things in the meantime and doing enough to scrape by in your degree until you feel more positive and can make an informed decision about what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest