The Student Room Group

Gender gap in university admissions rises to record level

Gender gap in university admissions rises to record level
http://gu.com/p/454ez

As one commentator points out,
"Interesting use of language: when women outnumber men, they are 'strongly represented'; when men outnumber women, they are 'over-represented'. Seems a little harsh. Ho hum."
Excellent, it means equality is working.
Double standards ftw
Reply 3
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with this, just we need to be careful where we're putting our funding in terms of providing people with equal opportunities, so that we're doing what we say we're doing, and not inadvertently favouring women over men.
This is diversity in action. As we all know, diversity is simple terms just means less straight white men.
Reply 5
I agree with the OP, when there aren't enough women in high paid job roles the femnazi's are quick enough to yell sexism but they probably think this is great and shows a step forward for women

Posted from TSR Mobile
The way I see it is for centuries women had little to no education, thus to restore equilibrium I assume the idea is to make it so 99.88% of those at university are female, the lucky .12% of privileged males getting in as well. After about 800 years of this situation we'll call things quits and gradually let natural order decide on a percentage, which may not be 50/50 and especially may not be equal in some subjects, but since its all CHOICE it does not matter and is not a sign of institutional sexism.
Yeah but they're probably studying some soft arts rubbish, STEM master race will always be dominated by men!
Original post by bertstare
Yeah but they're probably studying some soft arts rubbish, STEM master race will always be dominated by men!

True dat.
Where are all the 'feminists' complaining about gender inequali— OH WAIT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending