The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't know the case well enough. Interestingly I wonder from a purely factual (as opposed to legal - or indeed political) perspective whether he can be said to have been "inciting" anything at all, seeing as he was preaching to the choir. Surely it isn't a crime to be racist? If he was speaking for the independence of an oppressed people, and the facts were the same, would he be a hero, I wonder. Anyway, ugly **** he is, don't really care what happens to him. He looks like John Prescott's younger brother lol.
Well, if using words or behaviour intended to stir up racial (Islamic I assume) hatred is a crime these days half this website would be doing bird.
Reply 3
_jackofdiamonds
Well, if using words or behaviour intended to stir up racial (Islamic I assume) hatred is a crime these days half this website would be doing bird.

That's what I wonder: did he actually "tell" anybody to do anything? Doubt it.
Merovingian
That's what I wonder: did he actually "tell" anybody to do anything? Doubt it.

From what I heard they were filmed secretly in a private meeting saying how Islam was a wicked faith. Considering we've got a thread with much worse for all the world to see I'm suprised no one's gone missing yet.
Reply 5
Right.....because we can comment on a case we weren't present for......

I hope he's guilty though. Obnoxious pillock that he is.
As much as I would like to see someon punch that two bit thug, I find that he is not guilty of anything other than ranting and raving to the idiots who surround him, and that this whole retrial is just a farce.
Reply 7
if i hadn't overslept this morning i would of been there at the trial.
Probably guilty of something that shouldn't even be a crime.
Thud
if i hadn't overslept this morning i would of been there at the trial.

What would you have been doing?
jojo72
What would you have been doing?

Let me answer that;

She would've been standign outside the courtroom, shouting obscenities through a megaphone, believing she knows whether he is guilty or not, regardless of the fact that she hasn't heard the evidence, prosecution, defence, or probably even has the foggiest in relation to the actual "laws" that have been "breached".
ForeverIsMyName
Let me answer that;

She would've been standign outside the courtroom, shouting obscenities through a megaphone, believing she knows whether he is guilty or not, regardless of the fact that she hasn't heard the evidence, prosecution, defence, or probably even has the foggiest in relation to the actual "laws" that have been "breached".

He's gone through deprived areas convincing they have problems because of minorities, and has been preaching hatred for political gain, ever since be bought "Racism for dummies". He needs to donate his testicular to the NHS, and then be hanged for perverting the land he's trying to "save".
Reply 12
the_chauffeur
He's gone through deprived areas convincing they have problems because of minorities, and has been preaching hatred for political gain, ever since be bought "Racism for dummies". He needs to donate his testicular to the NHS, and then be hanged for perverting the land he's trying to "save".
Sounds like a prat :hmmm:
Indeed.
SolInvictus
As much as I would like to see someon punch that two bit thug, I find that he is not guilty of anything other than ranting and raving to the idiots who surround him, and that this whole retrial is just a farce.
He's guilty of Behaviour Likely to Cause a Breach of the Peace.
Reply 15
SolInvictus

^ Well, I'd rather live in a country where people don't get attacked for their opinions, but I broadly agree. He's a horrible man, but he isn't a criminal. The trial is an absolute farce and if he's found guilty then it will just show that the law is equally as ridiculous.

Anyway, I don't believe he honestly does hate ethnic minorities. It doesn't make his opinions any more palatable though.
Agent Smith
He's guilty of Behaviour Likely to Cause a Breach of the Peace.

I'd say that should include the BBC then, seeing as they aired his views to the whole country.
The same could be said of a lot of the stuff they show, so there must surely be some provision made in law, so that broadcasting material for public information doesn't carry the same penalty as producing that material oneself - or indeed any penalty at all. For example: If the BBC were to run a Nazi propaganda film as part of a documentary, would that come under incitement to racial hatred? Hardly. The key factor is that the BBC is simply reporting - parroting, if you will - existing events. They are not condoning them.
Reply 18
The man is clearly guilty of inciting hatred- one of the bnps main policy areas is to tackle the fact that "ethnic minorities get council houses and force the whites out". He is an embaressment to this country and what this country stands for. However I would have to say Galloway should be in the docks along side this vile human being for also inciting anti semitism and religious hatred against this country.
Reply 19
Griffin is trying to spread ignorance and hatred, he is the author of everything negative that happens to him, imv.

Oswy.

Latest

Trending

Trending