The Student Room Group

Eton Summer School - Worth it?

I'm hoping to do an Economics/ Econ related degree and am currently in Year 12. The course that runs from a tuesday to a friday costs £425 pounds.

Anyone who's been on it/ knows about it - do you think it's really worth it?
Reply 1
do sutton trust, its completely free!
Reply 2
Has anyone heard back from Eton about the 2015 Summer School yet ?
Well, I went there for English last July, and I know have an offer from Cambridge for English =P it was a really fun and helpful experience, I got to meet lots of like-minded people, with tailored advice for applying to Oxbridge, as well as learning about my chosen subject, all topics not on my A Level spec. There were also a lot of really fun extra-curricular activities, for example going a trip to Windsor and eating frozen yoghurt, whilst the English department went to visit the Globe to see Julius Caeser :wink: I also got to access a lot of unique opportunities, for example visiting the College library, where they had a copy of a first folio! I would definitely recommend! (And you can get the £400 fee partly or mostly waived I think)
Reply 4
Thanks for the response . It does sound great. I'm still curious as to whether anyone has been offered a place for 2015 as yet as am waiting to hear and the website says we will hear early april..
I was offered a place several years ago but it was cancelled due to the oink flu scare. I don't remember if it was for English or history though.
Reply 6
No not heard anything yet. Frustrating as would like to know one way or the other.
Reply 7
Original post by judithc
No not heard anything yet. Frustrating as would like to know one way or the other.

Thanks - was beginning to wonder if the application got lost in snail mail! Its quite odd these days to submit something by post . Did you get any form of acknowledgment at all ?
Reply 8
No, the application was sent of by the school ( I hope) after they had done their reference.
Reply 9
careful, have you heard anything yet? I phoned up Eton but the person dealing with the summer school was out of office until the 1st May dealing with Summer School stuff! I am assuming it is a no but would be nice to know.
Reply 10
Original post by judithc
careful, have you heard anything yet? I phoned up Eton but the person dealing with the summer school was out of office until the 1st May dealing with Summer School stuff! I am assuming it is a no but would be nice to know.

We rang and they have had a delay so not sent out place allocation yet. They will let us know by end April i.e. next week
Reply 11
Anyone here going for English, just got the reading list yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest