The Student Room Group

I'm Muslim but I've realised I'm definitely bisexual...

Hi. I am a British Muslim guy and I'm not very practising -- like the only time I ever go to mosque is on Eid basically -- but my family is quite conservative and stuff. I know homosexuality is a sin in Islam but...for a long time now--ever since I've been a teenager I've always found guys attractive as well as girls but could never admit it.

Only since I've come to University away from my family environment -- in a city where no one knows me -- have I finally admitted to myself that I am bi after having a few sexual experiences (basically, the first time i met a guy on gaydar and he invited me to his place and we ended up having oral sex) and though I really enjoyed it I have been feeling full of guilt ever since but also get turned whenever i think about it to the extent that I repeated it a couple of times...once with the same guy and another time with him and his mate...

Now I feel really guilty and don't know if I should tell anyone, hide it, or just accept i am bi and live my life. But I am also scared of Hell so....!

Help!

Scroll to see replies

Stick to girls? You are attracted to them afterall.
1.) Research your religion and find evidence for hell. Remember that your religion is inherited and not something you explicitly chose yourself.
2.) If you find evidence for hell, either accept that's where you're going or stop having sexual contact with other men. If not, live your life as fully as possible, because (as you may have discovered) its probably the only life you've got.
(edited 9 years ago)
Dont feel guilty. Religion is there for you, youre not here for a religion. It is your life. What matters is that you strive to be a good person. If a good loving God exists, he doesnt care about dumb, man made up stuff like not eating meat on Fridays,not eating pork or having consensual sex with this or that person. If there is God he will care about whether you tried you best to be good. If theres no God, no point in feeling guilty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Live the life you want dont allow other people's views or beliefs stop you from being happy.
you will not go to hell for being bi so do not worry about that at all. Dont listen to some of the above post since you've done absolutely nothing wrong.

Do you really want to live a life where you are trying to make others happy rather than yourself?
Not worth it at all
(edited 9 years ago)
Meh. Don't worry. The guilt wears off.

You are not a practising Muslim anyway, so will probably end up in hell with most of us anyway
Reply 6
do you prefer guys or girls?
Reply 7
you've done nothing wrong, just do want you want to do without dogma leading your life
Original post by G_S
As a practicing muslim, can you imagine my face and thoughts when I read this. Go repent and read the quran. You say your scared of hell.. Clearly not that scared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not his fault god created him like this is it? If God has such a problem with it he's more than welcome to fix his mistake.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Meh. Don't worry. The guilt wears off.

You are not a practising Muslim anyway, so will probably end up in hell with most of us anyway

This pretty much.

God forbid.
Be who you are, even if it is difficult. We don't choose how we love and maybe even whom, but the capacity to do so is the greatest gift of existence. Explore and experiment - a university is the perfect place for that. You are fortunate to live in a society in which this is very possible.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
Stick to girls? You are attracted to them afterall.

It doesn't work like that.
All the interesting people in hell so I wouldn't want to go to heaven with that psychopath.
I'm a Muslim too and female and am bisexual too :frown: but I have never acted upon it.
Bro don't listen to some of the idiots on here, that guilty feeling you had was good, shows you have iman still inside, you may say your not practicing andthe idiots may say religion was inherited but that guilty feeling is proof your heart was rejecting what you done, and when you say you have these feeling for men or it turns you on for what you done, bro believe me that is the shaitan telling you to disobey... Please don't think of me as a religious nutcase, but bro I'm trying to help and give advice and one other thing, I'm not saying pray everyday or go mosque, but do a good deed that makes you feel happy, donate regularly to a charity or you can pray once in a while every Friday, and lastly brother have the belief within you that you will enter heaven, there are others who had done much worse and commited such sins that will scare a man, yet they were entered heaven, the doors of heaven are always open so do not think you have turned your back on religion. Islam will always be here for you, just like all the brother, peace.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
If you are bisexual, that is who you are. If you are attracted to men then that is the will of God. If it is God you fear, then go to mosque more, practise more, repent more, but do not blame your self or feel guilty. You have to accept that you're bi and move on, trying to fight it or deny it will not work, attraction does not work like that. I don't know how to make things better for you but I do know that if you pray and ask for allah's guidance he will give it to you.
If you are concerned with the religious aspect, I would recommend finding a liberal Muslim group. As I understand it, homosexuality was long accepted in Islam and is not referenced in the Koran. This means the question falls in the province of Sharia law, which is an interpretation by a scholar, not in any way the word of God. This might allow you to avoid a spiritual crisis.
Reply 17
Pftt do what you like.

Everyone is different, so this whole 'one-size-fits-all' religion is never going to work.
Original post by monafox
do you prefer guys or girls?

that's not what bisexuality is about lmfao
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
that's not what bisexuality is about lmfao

lol i was just curious as to how split the attraction was :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending