The Student Room Group

Medicine 2015 Entry Thread Mark II

Since I was the last poster in the other thread I thought that weblike set up another thread to further discuss our pathways to Medicine. Like in the other thread you can discuss your university application with others and perhaps even gain advice and give advice to others. Anyways , I have done enough talking .
Here is the thread, enjoy ! 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

:biggrin:
Lol tsr is broken
Last poster :smile: (no one better post after me....)
What GCSE and A level grades do you need as a bare minimum to get accepted onto a medical degree, at the easiest school to get into??
So much for last post. Lol
A redundant question, as GCSEs and A levels will be harder from 2015 if the Tories get voted in again.
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
A redundant question, as GCSEs and A levels will be harder from 2015 if the Tories get voted in again.

You will have to contact the med schools. As for the way you said easiest it comes across to others who are working their fingers to the bones (i certainly work 40 hours a week and study to get the grades for medicine) that you dont want to put in the effort however i understand that on forums its hard to miss understand or take put of context what someone has written so dont worry. I think AAB IS MINIMUM but i wouldnt quote me hope that helps. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_A_Level_Requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickie89uk
You will have to contact the med schools. As for the way you said easiest it comes across to others who are working their fingers to the bones (i certainly work 40 hours a week and study to get the grades for medicine) that you dont want to put in the effort however i understand that on forums its hard to miss understand or take put of context what someone has written so dont worry. I think AAB IS MINIMUM but i wouldnt quote me hope that helps. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_A_Level_Requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt any university will be asking for A* for 2017 entry. The new exams are going to be much harder, about as hard as before the 2000 A level reforms brought in by Labour. In the 90s hardly any university asked for AAA.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blitzkrieg15
I doubt any university will be asking for A* for 2017 entry. The new exams are going to be much harder, about as hard as before the 2000 A level reforms brought in by Labour. In the 90s hardly any university asked for AAA.

I never said A* look again. But thats what you should be aiming for aim for you might not get it but aim lower work less

I dont know what they were like before the reforms and I hardly think tories will remain in power after all they have done labour are not in good stance either

I wouldnt think too hard about that u til after the elections in may aim for the best.

Like i said call the universities and ask what they're minimum grades for admission last year and the year prior was and then you have some sort of grade to aim for. Does that make sense

Again i never said A* myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mark II!

For those of you who got offers (congrats!), is one of your conditions certificate of non-infectivity of Hep B required? Where can we get this certificate, or would the immunisation record be sufficient?

Original post by RainbowVeins
Mark II!

For those of you who got offers (congrats!), is one of your conditions certificate of non-infectivity of Hep B required? Where can we get this certificate, or would the immunisation record be sufficient?

For Hep B, you need a blood test some time after the injection to check your antibody levels are high enough, so maybe you would need a certificate after the blood test? I'm not sure, though. You'll need to check with the uni. Have you had an offer? :smile:
Original post by ailsajane
For Hep B, you need a blood test some time after the injection to check your antibody levels are high enough, so maybe you would need a certificate after the blood test? I'm not sure, though. You'll need to check with the uni. Have you had an offer? :smile:

I think I was given the Hep B vaccine (3 courses) when I was a baby and I certainly don't recall having a blood test then haha. I guess I will email them and ask :smile:

Yes I have an offer, so happy! What about you? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RainbowVeins
I think I was given the Hep B vaccine (3 courses) when I was a baby and I certainly don't recall having a blood test then haha. I guess I will email them and ask :smile:

Yes I have an offer, so happy! What about you? :smile:

Congrats! :smile: I'm still waiting but I have had three interviews so fingers crossed for an offer. Where's yours from?
Original post by ailsajane
Congrats! :smile: I'm still waiting but I have had three interviews so fingers crossed for an offer. Where's yours from?

Thank you! Wow that's amazing, I'm sure you will end up with offers! :smile: Good luck! Mine's from Cambridge :smile:
Almost had a heart attack getting a email from ucas then seeing its about their new site

I swear I opted out of stuff like that 😒
Original post by curtis110
Almost had a heart attack getting a email from ucas then seeing its about their new site

I swear I opted out of stuff like that 😒

Haha me tooo....I thought it was an email to say something had changed on track but then read it properly and was disappointed loll

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
WOWOWWOWOW!!!

We have made it to the second thread!!!!!!
By this time, I guess everyone is waiting for interviews and offers, and good luck to everyone~! The whole admission cycle is coming to an end this May and everyone keep cracking!!!

Anyone received an offer/ going to firm any medical schools in London? I am going to firm Imperial and would be nice if I can meet anyone same as me!
Can't believe we've made it to the second thread! I had my last interview yesterday (UCL) so now waiting to hear back from 3 unis, and already have one offer! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending