The Student Room Group

Why are most Girls so boring and conservative?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by redferry
You have to get your hair cut more often when it is short (I cut mine ever 18 months), they are wearing heavier make-up than most girls, piercings are expensive and a faff to maintain (take it from me, I've had a total of 16), tattoos are expensive and you have to keep them out the sun, also painful on both counts, dying your hair is expensive and needs doing regularly, 'alternative' clothes are generally more expensive...

I could go on.

Also you have to be really pretty in the first place to look good with a shaved head.

Why not just cut it your self IMO? (hair salons are mainstream rip offs most of the time) :smile: same with hair dye

I didnt realise that, it seemed more like a diff style? (black eyeshadow etc)

16? wow thats a lot :eek:

I couldve sworn alt clothes were cheaper as charity shops have them?
So a girl who is feminine isn't showing her personality? So a girl has to be unconventional to fit your interpretation of "not boring"?

Saying this as a guy.
Reply 22
Original post by drcharisma
So a girl who is feminine isn't showing her personality? So a girl has to be unconventional to fit your interpretation of "not boring"?

Saying this as a guy.

most girls are feminine just to conform

The ones in the OP, they know they will be looked down on by sheep but they do it anyway
Reply 23
Original post by A5ko
The problem with alternative dress is that when you take a step back, they all look the same.

The conformity of nonconformity. Quite amusing.
Original post by HarryDn
Why not just cut it your self IMO? (hair salons are mainstream rip offs most of the time) :smile: same with hair dye

self-dying is really bad for your hair

you'd have to get pretty good at cutting it to do it yourself else it would look awful :/

I didnt realise that, it seemed more like a diff style? (black eyeshadow etc)

They all have a full face of make-up, plus eyebrows, eye make-up etc. A lot of girls just wear foundation, eyeliner and mascara...

16? wow thats a lot :eek:

I couldve sworn alt clothes were cheaper as charity shops have them?

Usually they are in 'vintage shops'
ie pricey

I get all my clothes off ebay/asos sales. Vintage shops are like twice as much and it's been worn before :/
Reply 25
Original post by redferry
self-dying is really bad for your hair

you'd have to get pretty good at cutting it to do it yourself else it would look awful :/

How is it bad? I thought those £10 things you get from boots or whatever were OK :smile:

I dunno, for the layered messy styles it looks better if done "badly" IMO :tongue:

They all have a full face of make-up, plus eyebrows, eye make-up etc. A lot of girls just wear foundation, eyeliner and mascara...

I thought full faces were standard :redface: but idk lol

Usually they are in 'vintage shops'
ie pricey

I get all my clothes off ebay/asos sales. Vintage shops are like twice as much and it's been worn before :/

Oh, I thought vintage was for things like 50s dresses, not hipster or punk stuff which comes from any where :colondollar:
Reply 26
You do realise there are other ways of being different and individual than just dressing a certain way. Take my freind she's into her mountain biking, climbing and can also drive a quad bike, shes properly cool. These girls that just dress alternatively have such dull personalities and interests hence the need to dress a bit more spicy.
Reply 27
Original post by kodlak
You do realise there are other ways of being different and individual than just dressing a certain way. Take my freind she's into her mountain biking, climbing and can also drive a quad bike, shes properly cool. These girls that just dress alternatively have such dull personalities and interests hence the need to dress a bit more spicy.

lol no

most of the ones i posted are top musicians
Tattoos look repulsive on women.
Its reeks of poor hygiene,poor decisions and stds
Reply 29
Original post by Blue_Mason
Tattoos look repulsive on women.
Its reeks of poor hygiene,poor decisions and stds

Theres nothing better :colone:
Original post by HarryDn
How is it bad? I thought those £10 things you get from boots or whatever were OK :smile:

I dunno, for the layered messy styles it looks better if done "badly" IMO :tongue:

it damages your hair, you get split ends and it starts falling out. Honestly it's not good to over-dye it.

can tell you've never cut your own fringe....

I thought full faces were standard :redface: but idk lol

I think maybe 3 or 4 of my female friends wear both concealer and foundation and blush? Most just wear eye make-up and a bit of powder/foundation...

Oh, I thought vintage was for things like 50s dresses, not hipster or punk stuff which comes from any where :colondollar:

No normally you go to vintage shops and markets. I know because that's how I used to dress as a teenager :P

Pair of boy-fit jeans sets you back a good 30 odd quid, as opposed to a tenner or so for skinnys...
Usually girls who dress like that are desperate for attention, they dress 'differently' to make up for a boring personality.

Don't worry, most people grow out of it when they reach their mid 20s.

edit: btw, there are plenty of feminine girls who 'aren't afraid to own their sexuality and are experienced'..

being feminine and dressing well doesn't mean you don't have a personality.
(edited 9 years ago)
After reading OP's responses to some of the comments, I can safely conclude that he has a rather narrow minded view on what makes a girl unique.

I think unique girls are the one who do what they want to do, not dressing in certain ways. You, sir, are suggesting all girls should dress up or act like those ones in the original post. Don't you think that will eventually make them all same? I think what you should have said was that those girls in the pictures are your type. If you can't appreciate other girls who dress or act differently to them, then I guess you are nothing other than 'boring' to them either. :biggrin:

I just find it amusing, you are complaining why girls are not trying to be unique by suggesting they should all be the same :P Smoking is not everyone's thing. How old are you? xD
(edited 9 years ago)
I know tons of girls like that. :dontknow: I have nothing against 'conventionally' pretty girls, but I do tend to find that the girls I'm interested in (those on the kink scene for the main part) just dress however the **** they want. :tongue:
There's absolutely nothing 'unconventional' about the second girl except from the fact she has a cigarette hanging out her mouth.

If smelling like an ash tray and getting lung cancer makes me attractive, then it looks like I'm quite happy to be single my entire life...
The way I see it. People can do whatever the **** they wanna do. :smile:
Original post by baldwel
There's absolutely nothing 'unconventional' about the second girl except from the fact she has a cigarette hanging out her mouth.

If smelling like an ash tray and getting lung cancer makes me attractive, then it looks like I'm quite happy to be single my entire life...

I second that.

Also if in order to be attractive for some guys I need to get my skin messed up with tattoos and holes god knows where, ruin my nice soft shiny hair only to make it look 'interesting' and dressing like a 15 year old punker seeking attetion geek, then I guess I'll just have to deal with being boring and plain.
Reply 37
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
The way I see it. People can do whatever the **** they wanna do. :smile:

hodgetwins
Reply 38
Original post by baldwel

Shes a world class DJ :tongue:

[video="youtube;V1ZxFNrUBFw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZxFNrUBFw[/video]
Original post by HarryDn
most girls are feminine just to conform

The ones in the OP, they know they will be looked down on by sheep but they do it anyway

I do feel like that as well. I'm not that feminine or alternative (like those in the OP). I think the problem is that people of all genders try to fit into one group in society instead of being their own person. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest