The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Social work @ swansea

Hi I've applied to study social work in Swansea (mature student) just wondering if anyone had heard anything about interviews? Had an email to say they had received my application but that's it. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SFA123
Hi I've applied to study social work in Swansea (mature student) just wondering if anyone had heard anything about interviews? Had an email to say they had received my application but that's it. Thanks.

Hi

I am also a mature student which had a place last year - due to some personal cirsunstNces (had my son) I had to defer to this year - I was interviewed in feb last year but they held them over a few days I thjnk and then took till end of feb March to make the decision. Fingers crossed for you! Let me kniw might see you in September xx
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I also had an interview in feb last but didn't get a place, I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time! Still not heard anything. I get nervous every time I get an email. Fingers crossed we hear something soon :smile: xx
Reply 3
Let me know if you hear anything, hope interview went well xx
Reply 4
I meant I had a interview feb last year. Not heard yet whether I've got a interview this year yet. X
Reply 5
Sorry misunderstood - fingers crossed for this year ️xx
Reply 6
No worries, fingers crossed too. Will keep you posted. Should hear any day! X
Reply 7
So got a email from Ucas this morning to say Swansea are not offering me a place or interview!!
Gutted is not the word :frown: don't understand as I had a interview last year and I've got a whole years worth of more experience since then. I've emailed to ask for feedback but just want to cry at the minute. Not sure what my next option is but I won't give up.
Hope your studies go well xxx
Reply 8
Aww no! That's so gutting!! Hopefully feedback will give you some insight! Good luck.. ️Xxx
Hi
I am also a mature student, I found out I had my place the start of March, will anyone else be starting? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Yes I amooking forward! Got our induction dates this week - when do we have to apply for loans etc?
Brilliant it's lovely to meet someone else who will be starting. :smile: the student finance Wales date for loans/grants has past already I believe? And the care council for Wales on my letter said they'll be in touch may/June. Have you been nominated for the bursary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Thank you for the reply - my loan application is done I am late but hopefully will get it in time. Will you be living on campus or at home? Yes Iv been nominated have you?
Ah brilliant hopefully it'll be in on time, yes I've been nominated too. I live fairly local, so at home. What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I live about 30 mins away from uni so I'll b living at home too plus I have a 8 month old boy. Nice to chat to some one on the course - before we start. X
I will message you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hi
Just come back here to say that I asked for feedback on my application and was offered a interview in June and got a place! All a bit last minute but I can't wait to start 😀!
See you both in a few weeks x
Reply 17
That's fab!! So pleased for you! Won't be long before we start! Are you all set etc? Xx
Reply 18
Thank you. All set with finance. Wasn't entitled to some things that I thought I was going to be but we'll be fine. Just emailed the Uni to ask what days we will be in as I need to arrange childcare. Really hope we aren't in on a Friday as that's the only day my childminder can't do. Xx
Hey! Congratulations on your place, must be a relief for you :smile:
We have been given the days Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday (so far) that we will be in Uni. Where are you from? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest