The Student Room Group

Help please! Returning student 2015/16

To the lovely souls who are taking the time to read this.
I know it might sound silly but I need help.

Its about good ol' student finance.

I recently graduated (july 2014) and I have some questions seen as though it has been so long since I applied for student finance (and by long, I mean a few Liverpudlian student nights later)... I am returning after my three years to do a PGCE in Liverpool (one year)

1) Does student finance even help with a PGCE?

2) When does Student finance go live for 2015/16 applicants, because at the moment I have seen nothing on their website that looks useful?!

3) Would I still be classed as a returning student, even though I took a year out after graduating or would I need to reapply with a fresh claim?

4) I wonder if now that I have had a year out and have been funding myself, whether I can go down as supporting myself or whether I need to use my parents income even though I have not been at home?

Its a bit all over the place at the moment.
Original post by gemma.steer
To the lovely souls who are taking the time to read this.
I know it might sound silly but I need help.

Its about good ol' student finance.

I recently graduated (july 2014) and I have some questions seen as though it has been so long since I applied for student finance (and by long, I mean a few Liverpudlian student nights later)... I am returning after my three years to do a PGCE in Liverpool (one year)

1) Does student finance even help with a PGCE?

2) When does Student finance go live for 2015/16 applicants, because at the moment I have seen nothing on their website that looks useful?!

3) Would I still be classed as a returning student, even though I took a year out after graduating or would I need to reapply with a fresh claim?

4) I wonder if now that I have had a year out and have been funding myself, whether I can go down as supporting myself or whether I need to use my parents income even though I have not been at home?

Its a bit all over the place at the moment.

1. yes
2. according to their twitter, very soon (I think sometime in the next few days or week?)
3. If you are studying a PGCE you need to apply as a new student
4. To be classed as independent you need to be over 25, however you can be independent and under 25 if you provide proof such as 3 years worth of evidence proving you financially supported yourself (or other reasons such as you have no parents etc)

Hope this helps :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending