The Student Room Group

Leon (censored) Brittan has died.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by nulli tertius
The people who "instructed from above" were right. He was on his last legs.

Nothing against him would get to trial. Was he really going to say anything that implicated anyone else?

If he was, what was the chance that evidence would survive "Now tell me Inspector Plod, was Lord Brittan being prescribed morphine at the time when he suggested that Margaret Thatcher was engaging in a lesbian threesome with Ulrike Meinhof and an underage girl in General Galtieri's villa?"

Maybe, maybe, still sounds more than a little dodgy though and even if it wouldn't stand up in court it could have helped with their inquiries.
Reply 121

You don't think it could have helped with their inquiries??
Original post by n00
You don't think it could have helped with their inquiries??

I would be very surprised if he could (or would) have said anything useful at this stage of any enquiries.
Reply 123
I would be very surprised if he could (or would) have said anything useful at this stage of any enquiries.

Why not? What stage?
Original post by n00
Why not? What stage?

The stage is that the police enquiries appear to be barely underway yet.

Police interviewing isn't like Hercule Poirot. Unwilling witnesses want to close down questioning, rather than give full accounts of themselves. There is no point in interviewing someone until you can move the witness away from a blank denial or lack of memory. What policemen do is ask questions and see if those answers agree with other evidence they have. If they don't they put the other piece of evidence to the witness and see whether that changes the story. Then they move on to the next area where they have evidence. Bare denials and absence of memory that the police are not in a position to prompt do not get them anywhere.

"Did you ever go to Dolphin Square?" Yes many times

(Assuming the police have no evidence of precisely where in the block of flats alleged offences took place, that line of questioning is going nowhere.)

"Why did you go to Dolphin Square?" Many reasons. I have been for dinner; I've been for meetings, I've been to collect people in my car; I viewed a number of flats when we looking to move.

Did you ever have sexual intercourse there? No or Yes (and then the interview will go off for a while on a complete red herring about some girlfriend from the 1960s)

Did you ever have homosexual intercourse there? No

Did you ever attend a sex party there? No

Did you rape and murder children there? No

Do you know Fred Bloggs? I don't know. The name means nothing to me now but I met thousands of people in my political career.

Fred Bloggs says he saw you rape and murder children at homosexual sex party in Dolphin Square? Well he is either mistaken or making it up.

Why might he make it up? I have no idea. Politicians make enemies. Home Secretaries make enemies. Newspapers pay money. It could be a hundred reasons.

Well thank you for your time Lord Brittan. Sorry to trouble you.

Did that interview help the investigation in the slightest? Was there any realistic possibility that he was going to answer any of those questions in a different way?
Reply 125
The stage is that the police enquiries appear to be barely underway yet.

Police interviewing isn't like Hercule Poirot. Unwilling witnesses want to close down questioning, rather than give full accounts of themselves. There is no point in interviewing someone until you can move the witness away from a blank denial or lack of memory. What policemen do is ask questions and see if those answers agree with other evidence they have. If they don't they put the other piece of evidence to the witness and see whether that changes the story. Then they move on to the next area where they have evidence. Bare denials and absence of memory that the police are not in a position to prompt do not get them anywhere.

"Did you ever go to Dolphin Square?" Yes many times

(Assuming the police have no evidence of precisely where in the block of flats alleged offences took place, that line of questioning is going nowhere.)

"Why did you go to Dolphin Square?" Many reasons. I have been for dinner; I've been for meetings, I've been to collect people in my car; I viewed a number of flats when we looking to move.

Did you ever have sexual intercourse there? No or Yes (and then the interview will go off for a while on a complete red herring about some girlfriend from the 1960s)

Did you ever have homosexual intercourse there? No

Did you ever attend a sex party there? No

Did you rape and murder children there? No

Do you know Fred Bloggs? I don't know. The name means nothing to me now but I met thousands of people in my political career.

Fred Bloggs says he saw you rape and murder children at homosexual sex party in Dolphin Square? Well he is either mistaken or making it up.

Why might he make it up? I have no idea. Politicians make enemies. Home Secretaries make enemies. Newspapers pay money. It could be a hundred reasons.

Well thank you for your time Lord Brittan. Sorry to trouble you.

Did that interview help the investigation in the slightest? Was there any realistic possibility that he was going to answer any of those questions in a different way?

Ah well we'll never know now. There are a lot of assumptions there, i think the answer has to be yes there is a chance he could have helped and it seems the police thought so too.
Reply 126
Police investigating a VIP *paedophile ring have pinpointed a luxury flat where they believe boys were held before being *sexually abused by prominent men and in one case murdered.

The apartment is in upmarket Pimlico, central London, and is connected to a large cellar.

In a chilling development, detectives from Operation Midland believe the premises were used as a holding area for youngsters before they were driven a short distance to abuse parties.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/vip-paedophile-scandal-police-pinpoint-5336701

There are two signs recently that look encouraging and one that doesn't.

The first encouraging sign seems to be that the police are finding possible evidence independently of their informant.

The second was the raid on Bramall's house. One of the worrying features here has been the continued recycling of the same few names. Given that most of the "establishment" is unknown by name to the general public, it seemed remarkable that the only people who allegedly attended these parties were a few famous names around whom suspicion had circulated independently for decades. Whether guilty or innocent, he is not someone whose name had previously been linked to unusual sexual behaviour. The same can't be said for Harvey Proctor who was one of the "always mentioned" names.

The less encouraging sign is that it looks like the police are still heavily dependent on their single credible witness. One might have hoped that others would have come forward by now. If the witness isn't as credible as the police think, that is an awful lot of egg on face.

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://rt.com/uk/240777-uk-sex-children-may/

Pedophilia in Britain ‘woven into the fabric of society’
Original post by democracyforum
http://rt.com/uk/240777-uk-sex-children-may/

Pedophilia in Britain ‘woven into the fabric of society’

A very odd comment. It isn't woven into the fabric of my society. Is it woven into yours? Nevertheless, I accept the Home Secretary is likely to have better information on things than me.
Original post by MatureStudent36
There's a public enquiry currently underway. I'll wait until that is concluded.

You mean the one thats not to include any 'abuse' survivors? You mean the one thats to be conducted by the same class of people that those accused belonged to and whom it would be in the former's interests to cover up?

It seems that the rape of a child is only outrageous if it is done by that weird old neighbourhood pervert rather than those elected to represent us or tax avoidance/ fraud is only bad if it is that chavvy family next door rather than a big international company.

You can't judge a man's guilt or innocence by what newspapers don't write.

No, especially when that man and the group to whom he belongs can exert a degree of influence over the newspapers and judicial system
Reply 131
Original post by the bear
A certain class of Englishman still keeps a stiff upper lip about personal matters. Lord Brittan was not of the Jeremy Kyle school of behaviour.

You didn't go to one of those schools where pupils were taught to abuse and bugger the younger pupils too did you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending