The Student Room Group

Repeating Year 12

Hello, I am a year 12 student at a 6th form in London which I hate a lot and I was thinking if there are any negative factors if I do year 12 again just in case I fail, I recently done by A level mocks and I failed them and I really want to move 6th forms even if I go to year 13, so can you guys give me some tips about what I should do and if moving 6th forms or doing year 12 again can affect my education. Thank you
Original post by xoxo97
Hello, I am a year 12 student at a 6th form in London which I hate a lot and I was thinking if there are any negative factors if I do year 12 again just in case I fail, I recently done by A level mocks and I failed them and I really want to move 6th forms even if I go to year 13, so can you guys give me some tips about what I should do and if moving 6th forms or doing year 12 again can affect my education. Thank you

*my
If you redo year 12, you will be a year behind relative to your peers. Also for some courses at top unis they won't consider you as they require A-levels to be taken in two years. Other than that, you will be fine, if you get good grades in your second AS year.

If the sixth form you are moving to is worse, you will receive less support and so might get worse grades.
In any case obviously you will have to get settled again.
Reply 2
Original post by xoxo97

Retaking will only affect you if your applying for medicine/dentistry etc, where they are strict on retakes. I myself am retaking my final year of alevels and am holding offers from ucl kings nottingham birmingham and sheffield for chemical engineering. So i don't think it would affect if your retaking In that sense. If you feel you need to move then move but make sure they provide the support for Ucas application for university and studies. My college(london) allowed me to retake and gave me all the help i needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest