The Student Room Group

st olaves sixth form exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
[QUOTE="MutoSiko;53230731"]
Original post by DanDanNoodles

No denial there - Its going to be weird being in a minority group (gender-wise) in a school environment.

anyone doing music is in the morning but apart from that - I think its sorted by surname.

The boys school thing is quite weird at first but yo get used to it. I went to olaves after going to an all girls grammar so it was a big change for me.
There are a lot of girls in the sixth form though. Some of my classes have a lot more girls than boys (biology) and others are even. But it carts between subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="DanDanNoodles;53230463"]
Original post by book-obsessed

ooh im at the same time 1 to 4:45 but im in the purple group. I too am in the minority group of girls...but in the great words of beyonce...WE RUN THE WORLD

LOL 😁😁 and we'll probably see each other then, although I'm not sure how the group thing works, like is that the group your stuck with the whole day or is it just the group you take exams with??
[QUOTE="book-obsessed;53232823"]
Original post by DanDanNoodles

LOLand we'll probably see each other then, although I'm not sure how the group thing works, like is that the group your stuck with the whole day or is it just the group you take exams with??

Maybe it's for which room you're in?? I know it's sorted by surname unless you want to take music and then you're put into the morning session.

How are you feeling about it right now??
Reply 23
I don't believe it is sorted by surname. I would have been given the afternoon if that was the case. I think its on the overall mixture of your subjects. I'm doing computing, double maths, physics and chem and I was unfortunately given morning. I'm in blue group. Good Luck Everyone on Saturday hope we all do Beast and get in :smile:
Original post by Hayxe
I don't believe it is sorted by surname. I would have been given the afternoon if that was the case. I think its on the overall mixture of your subjects. I'm doing computing, double maths, physics and chem and I was unfortunately given morning. I'm in blue group. Good Luck Everyone on Saturday hope we all do Beast and get in :smile:

Amen to that and I am also doing it in the morning :mad: but hey ho, and yes we shall all get in. I have been revising since december;']
Original post by Hayxe

Last year it was assorted by surname :tongue: It said on the sheet that I was A-L and then M-Z or something of the sort :tongue:

Maybe your year has too many applicants D: The number seems to be rising every year.

Good luck!
Reply 26
Original post by Hayxe

I'll see you there then. I'm in year 12 at olaves and I'll be helping out with blue group.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Does anybody know what to expect for the RS exam and the Latin exam?
Original post by mliela
I'll see you there then. I'm in year 12 at olaves and I'll be helping out with blue group.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you sign up to help? :redface:
Original post by irc10
Does anybody know what to expect for the RS exam and the Latin exam?

I'm so worried about the RS! Their guidance notes were so vague - I assume it will be evaluate style questions - and good luck!!
Reply 30
Original post by book-obsessed
Hey I'm so exited about these exams! is that weird 😌
Anyway, is anyone else doing Chemistry, Maths, Physics and Biology??
I'm in the Green group btw :smile:

Omg hi! We are both in group green and we are doing the same exam subjects! . Haha I'm excited too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
Omg hi! We are both in group green and we are doing the same exam subjects! . Haha I'm excited too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya :biggrin: xD
We'll be seeing each other soon LOL
I'm still excited but now I'm most worried about the maths exam, wbu??

Btw what are ppl planning on wearing?? I don't want to be too casual, but at the same time don't want to be the only girl there in a blazer haha
How did everyone find the exam?
I did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics.
I found the exams ok
Reply 33
Original post by RiseRiot
I found the exams ok

I thought they were ok overall but maths was quite difficult
Original post by vilx
I thought they were ok overall but maths was quite difficult

Yeah same. I didn't quite finish the maths exam.
Reply 35
Yeah same. I didn't quite finish the maths exam.

no neither did I, did you apply for single or double maths?
Original post by vilx
no neither did I, did you apply for single or double maths?

Single, you?
I found the exams ok

Hi,
How did you find physics and what questions did you do? Did you do the one about momentum and colliding vehicles, if u did what did u get? :wink:
Single, you?

I found maths tough, doubt i'll get in
Reply 39
Single, you?

Yeah single aswell, it was definitely the hardest of my choices, how did you find physics?

Quick Reply

Latest