The Student Room Group

How to get part time work

Hi y'all,

I was just reading about peeps recommending job agencies etc. All is well with them, however this summer I tried looking online at agencies etc. and they all had no spaces. So, I phoned up loads of seasonal companies (local) such as the racecourse and marquee companies, and I managed to get 3 separate jobs and soon was turnign people down. It was my most profitable summer. It's such a better way to get work, by hassling (a little) companies. I think it shows interest.

I think people should look round more and be more assertive when looking for jobs instead of working saturdays at a shop, as none of those jobs are particularly fun. One job I found was working setting up staging for events locally. Pays me £4 per block of staging and when Iput up 14 blocks in 2 hrs - thats almost £60 for two hours.:biggrin:

Anyone got any good job ideas which are better than an average saturday in a shop job?

JAmes:smile:
Reply 1
How did you go about doing this?
Reply 2
How did I get the staging work?

I applied at my SU for work. It turns out that they were desperate for staff to set up for events as the hours are so unsocial! They actually emailed peeps saying that the first two people to reply to this email can have an interview. I saw this email probably later than most and so I wrote back saying that this was unfair - then they skipped the interview and just gave me the job!

There are lots of companies which run events and set up lighting and sound aswell as staging. Thing is, not many peeps are interested in staging so it's quite easy to get a job doing it!:smile:
Reply 3
Hi guys ::fight:

I've been working part time online over the summer, doing internet marketing. It's dead easy to do. I just sell other peoples website subscriptions and get a cut.:rolleyes:. I signed up at this website and it told me to advertise through google (which I had to pay for, cost me £10 to start :mad: ), and when people click and subscribe I get like a 50% cut. I'm making almost £100 per week profit, and don't have to go out and work.:party:

If anyone's interested:

click here - hope it works

Peace out
Will
That seems a bit dodgy blackstone,isnt it just for the USA?
Reply 5
yeah I know, it does look dodgy. :motz: It's not just for the USA, all it tells you is how to sell electronic products online, such as website subscriptions and spyware software etc (downloadable stuff). It's like a door to door salesman, but easier as you just put adverts on the web and sell stuff for other people. Quite easy to do. :bang:

Will.:bike:

Latest

Trending

Trending