The Student Room Group

Transfering universities, Student Finance Help.

I'm currently doing a foundation year at X University and will move to Y university to do a 3 year beng course. If later on in this 3 year course I get moved to a masters course or apply for a masters course will I get full funding for all 5 years ? Reading up on it I think I do but I need to check just in case I'm wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
You get funding for your course+ 1 year i think so Student Finance would take it as funding you for your undergradate plus 1 year of your masters.
Reply 2
Original post by Jackieox
You get funding for your course+ 1 year i think so Student Finance would take it as funding you for your undergradate plus 1 year of your masters.

Thank you so you're saying I'm entitled to funding for five years?
Original post by UltraFlamez
Thank you so you're saying I'm entitled to funding for five years?

Four years
As i said student finance give you your course + 1 year so they would fund your undergraduate studies and 1 year of your masters, unless they're funding you now for your foundation in which case they won't fund the masters at all.
So in short you'd have to pay that final year of your masters yourself =)
For a start is your masters integrated as part of your course or is it a separate course? If it's counted as part of your course (integrated) then as far as I'm aware you should get full funding as the equation below shows:
length of course (4) - previous study (1) + gift year (1) = 4.
If however it is not an integrated course then you would currently get no funding for masters, this is independent of years studied as currently there are no loans for masters degrees.
Original post by Jackieox
Four years
As i said student finance give you your course + 1 year so they would fund your undergraduate studies and 1 year of your masters, unless they're funding you now for your foundation in which case they won't fund the masters at all.
So in short you'd have to pay that final year of your masters yourself =)

This isn't correct:
foundation year = year 0

So, if the OP does founation year, transfers, does a 3 year course + the intergrated masters, they'll get funding for all 5 years. They won't get funding for a ppst graduate masters. (or rather, one not intergrated into an undergraduate degree)

I am going on the assumption that the OP has had no previous study.

There is something (I can't remember if it's next year or the year after) about being able to get a loan for a masters if you're under 30.
Reply 6
Original post by OU Student
This isn't correct:
foundation year = year 0

So, if the OP does founation year, transfers, does a 3 year course + the intergrated masters, they'll get funding for all 5 years. They won't get funding for a ppst graduate masters. (or rather, one not intergrated into an undergraduate degree)

I am going on the assumption that the OP has had no previous study.

There is something (I can't remember if it's next year or the year after) about being able to get a loan for a masters if you're under 30.

Yes no previous studies so right now ATM I'm doing a foundation year + a beng course foundation year at year zero I plan to move to a beng course at a diff uni at the end of the year but later on in my beng course within that same uni if I moved into the masters course like just transfering from beng to meng after year 3 (transfering to the meng should mean that I'll be on year 3 of the 4 year course) would I be fully funded then. So essentially I'm moving from course to course but via undergrad not a postgrad study. So If I get given the option to move on to the master course at year 3 of my beng which essentially means I'll be year 3 of 4 when transferred to masters will I be funded ? Sorry if I sound confusing I just really want to know if I'll be funded or not =(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending