The Student Room Group

Is It Fair For Men To Judge Women?

Scroll to see replies

They can judge all they like tbh. They just can't throw a hissy fit when women do the same. Everyone has standards bruh. :smile: Like half of their judgement even means anything to women anyway-
Reply 21
Yes. Although I cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone could hold beliefs outlined in that post, it is certainly their right to do so. Each to their own, that list sounds more like my dealmaker list, except for a couple of unsavoury points.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SarcasticMel
Christians are freaks.

Reading both those lists made my brain melt.

They're both bad, but the female one is marginally worse. For those that haven't read it:
- "The way that a woman is willing to expose herself says much about her heart"
- “Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also busybodies who talk nonsense, saying things they ought not to” (1 Timothy 5:13).
- "Modern American society might hate to hear this, but God made men to be the providers and women to be the nurturers of the home (in most instances)."
- "We all know that wives are called to submit to their husbands, as to the Lord (Eph 5:22)" (From the male list)

OP, I agree there are some double standards, but these are not new - they are archaic. There is an outcry over judging women because for thousands of years people have been making statements like those above. "NYCpastor.com" is not the place to get any sensible modern point of view.

Nobody says that men can't have preferences. They just object to these particular outdated views.
Original post by ilem
Yes. Although I cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone could hold beliefs outlined in that post, it is certainly their right to do so.

I agree, but I just wanted to add that it's equally people's right to object to those views, loudly. That way we get a kind of 'free market' in viewpoints, rather than a platform for everyone who wants one. Not that I believe in mob rule, either...

Quick Reply

Latest