The Student Room Group

Missed Uni Practical - how do I report?

I woke up this morning feeling unwell, I'm meant to be at a Chemsitry practical at university in ten minutes and I don't feel well enough to attend. The practical lesson today is the practical and next week is the analysis followed by a test which is worth 6% of my grade.

We do the practicals in groups of 30 and we're told to attend our group's session as we'll be turned away to other groups' sessions. We're also told to contact the module convenor if we are going to be absent.

I don't know when I should e-mail. The reason I'm not attending is due to a migraine so if I email now it will seem that I'm well enough to be on the computer so maybe they'll think I'm well enough to attend. Also if I email later on today it might seem rude?

Please advise me, universities are so formal compared to my college and I don't know what to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Also when I e-mail the module convenor what should I write? Should I ask if I can redo the practical in another group or will that sound rude? Should I simply say "I meant to attend the practical today but unfortunately couldn't attend due to developing a migraine" or is that too casual/simple?

Please help me I'm so nervous, I've never missed a practical or seminar at university before.

Quick Reply

Latest