The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

What is Nottingham Trent like?

(edited 3 years ago)
Hey!

I'm a 3rd year NTU student, though, as I study French I'm in France at the moment.

I think there is no straight forward answer to this question since the University is so large and there are so many different courses the experience can differ from person to person.

For me, I really like the uni. My course is based at Clifton campus and I think everything you need is provided. You have on site the SU, a library, places to eat, computer rooms. Though, at the moment they're in the process of rebuilding the biggest most central building on site. I hope it is finished by October 2015.

With Nottingham City, it's not too big and it's not too small. There's almost always something going on. There's Goose fair in October, I think. You can celebrate bonfire night. At Christmas there's a Christmas market, and so on. There are loads of clubs, restaurants, pubs and bars too. I think there are places where you can experience English/Linguistics within the community too although I don't have any specific info on that myself.

There's also the city library too which is almost always 24/7.

There's also a gym at the city site and at Clifton. We've many sports clubs and societies to suit a range of interests. The city SU is pretty new. There's also a rock climbing wall there.

Not sure what else to say for now, but don't hesitate to ask a question :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi,

Just from a different insight i study on the City site of Nottingham Trent. The site is fairly big with buildings scattered around but they are all together in walking distance. I am mostly based in the Newton building which is very new and modern with up to date technology and a very good atmosphere. I also have seminars and lectures in the Chaucer building which is less modern but still has good facilities that are very beneficial. The city library is very big with i think about 4 floors with the top floor just having computers on. This means that there is always a chance to get onto a computer. The city SU has not long been open with lots of new facilities and has a gym in.

If you have any questions, I will try and help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending