The Student Room Group

I want to re-start this year at a new University

I have had numerous problems during what is now my second year at University. Problems with the Uni themselves but also a lot of issues in my personal life, many illnesses in my family, other personal problems and I am not on sleeping tablets from the doctors. I have not connected with the course this year at all and I asked for a withdrawal but I was advised to apply for extenuating circumstances for my exams instead.

I applied for this and they refused it.

I would like to relocate as I do not like the area I live in and would like to restart at a University close to family.

Is it possible to withdraw half way through a year but re-take the whole year at a new University?

Also if I re-take the year will I have a fresh chance at exams still or will they be capped as re-sits?

Any help would be great,

Jordan x
Hypothetically you could withdraw half way through the course, but you must consider is this really the best choice? You're probably paying around 9k a year which you will have to pay back. If you quit you'll have to pay back some of your maintenance grant if you receive this.

Depending on which University you attend and the modules you study, sometimes you can organise a transfer to another uni. I know a friend who transferred but I know many Uni's prefer you to start the whole course again.

Are you sure you can't catch up with uni work/assignments? If you need help or anything i'm happy to help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending